cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74sx Web Cam Troubles Need assistance.

Danfgw
Level 7
Hey Guys,

I am having WEB CAM issues. Let me explain what's up. Few weeks ago I opened her up to replace the head phone jack audio board. Which I did succesfully. Closed her up and everything was gravy. Until recently when i was trying to host a google hang out and the camera would not turn on. I checked m drivers..re installed everything. That made no difference.I went into the Device Manager to see what's up under Imaging Devices. Well Here is the problem. Their is no Imaging Devices listed in my manager. So i am kinda lost here now. How do i get the Imaging Devices back so the computer can recognize my webcam.
3 REPLIES 3

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi Danfgw,

You may already know, but if the camera has not been detected ever since you took it apart, sounds like you may have forgotten to connect the cable back to the motherboard?
Unfortunately, I haven't taken a unit apart and cannot tell you exactly where to look, but make sure all the cables from your LCD module to the motherboard are connected especially the one near the wireless antenna cables.

Anyway, if you still have questions, you may want to check if anybody else can provide more details.

Good luck!

Hi thanks for the quick reply. that crazy thing is that i did not disconnect any LCD connections. SO that's what is puzzling me.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi, yeah, that seems a little strange then, but if you had to move the motherboard around to replace that audio jack board, maybe something came loose?
As far as I can tell, there may be a separate cable from the LCD module for the webcam, but don't want to make you open up the system for nothing if I'm wrong, or if it's not the problem.
If you end up taking it apart again, it's something to look for though.