cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Signal Loss

Zodiak
Level 7
Hello everyone 🙂

I am currently experiencing some issues with video signal loss.

Here is my system

Intel Core i7 2600k CPU
Maximus IV Extreme-Z Motherboard
EVGA GTX 580 Hydro Copper 2 FTW Edition (3gb)
ASUS Xonar Xense Sound Card
(Soon to be a Galaxy GTX 460 Razor Edition for PhysX)
12gb Mushkin Ridgeline DDR3 RAM
OCX ZX 1250w PSU

Koolance 3K3U Copper Watercooling Unit

Dell UltraSharp 27'' U2711 Monitor 1570x2560 (Portrait Mode)
Resolution 4710x2560

The problem I am experiencing is that at any given time, watching video or playing video games, I may experience complete signal loss across all 3 video cards and monitors, where I will lose all video signal and my monitors will start searching among its inputs but will not get anything unless I reboot again.

My CPU and each of the video cards is actively cooled by the Koolance 3K3U and the temperatures range between between 25 Celsius idle and under 50 Celsius under full load.

Can anyone please help? I am at a total loss.

Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Have you confirmed that the system is still running normally? Like if you are playing a movie will the audio continue normally? Also, I would check the windows event log to see if anything corresponds with the times that you had problems.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Zodiak
Level 7
Yes I am almost positive that the system remains active while this happens. I am at work at the moment but I will confirm when I get home. Sorry for asking, but how do I get to the Event Log in Windows 7? God I wish I could get everything looking like Windows XP lol.

xeromist
This is how you get to it in 7:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-Event-Viewer
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…