cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Rinzsulin
Level 7
Hello all I am a new to this and I just bought two second hand gtx 560ti direct cu ii cards to run in sli. They came with no leads and I have installed them on my Maximus v Formula and CM Storm Stryker case. But I do not know how to get them to work I have no leads so I ordered a mini hdmi to hdmi for my cable and a dvi to dvi for my monitor. I tried to run it using the hdmi cable from my hdmi port on the back of the pc but my monitor gets no signal and is black. Can I just connect to one card to run sli to my monitor or do I need to order a splitter cable for the dvi ports on both cards. I really need some advice on what cables to get and where to put them to run in sli Would really appreciate some help on this one thanks in advance.
12 REPLIES 12

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Didn't the cards come with power cables? because you're going to need 4 of them to power both Graphics cards...oh and an SLI Bridge too. The cards should be in Slots 1 & 2b 🙂

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Didn't the cards come with power cables? because you're going to need 4 of them to power both Graphics cards...oh and an SLI Bridge too. The cards should be in Slots 1 & 2b 🙂

You didn't read the post clearly, he/she is asking about the monitor cables.
To the OP, if you don't need sound carried to your monitor (monitor does not have speakers)...
All you need is a dual DVI cable connected to one of the 560Ti's (and SLI bridge of course).
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

What if I do need sound though?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Then you need speakers.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Then you need speakers.

Or a headset.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
Or a headset.

Sennheiser. It's great
Next Build
- AMD Vishera FX-8350
- AMD Radeon HD 7870

kkn
Level 14
then you can use the back I/O shiled, the optic or minijacks.
you CAN get sound tru the videocards but then you need a DVI-HDMI witch can run sound on it ( dont remember what converter is needed there since there are 2 or 3 of em ) and a monitor that have sound/speakers on it, unless it have minijack/phono in.

Thanks to this topic
I want to play cartoon network arabic games 3d in my computer, but games are not working now I know why

LukeeVassallo
Level 7
If you're using your pc to game, you'll need a good gpu and another 2gb ram ( total 4gb ), but with that processor you'll run almost all games.
| Maximus V Formula | i7-3770k | 16Gb Dominator Platinum | GTX 780 | Force 240Gb | 2TB Caviar Green | Obsidian 650D | AX850 | H100 | 24" LED VS247H |