cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55 Fan detection test

Chungz
Level 7
Hi guys, just wondering is there any method to check whether my G55 ROG laptop's fans is working or not?

As what I know there're 2 fans on left and right side, and from some of the post here, people mentioned it's temperature auto-detect.

But when I doing work with my laptop, left hand side seem "cold" but right side is really really heated up.
Just wondering is my laptop's fan working or not.

Suggestion much appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

mustakee
Level 7
your fans are working fine .. i tear down my laptop for msata issues 😞 and i notice that both fans connected with 1 exhaust so its normal that
your right side have higher temp than left one .
enjoy your system .. asus is rock :cool:

I just have my laptop hang twice today when playing some clips at youtube.
And I am quite worried that my laptop gonna overheat since I just get it not more that one year.

:cool: glad to hear that my laptop's fans are working fine.

But still is there a way to check ? really feel weird about my laptop getting heat up.
I checked temperature with speedfan and it shown 53+ for my GPU. And about 57+ for 4 of my laptop's cores.

is this normal ?

yup its normal 😮

Are those idle temps? If so, a good cooler would keep the CPU near 30 degrees Celsius on idle. Anything from 50+ is usually load temps. Not sure why it is at that.

Well, after I start up my system and waited around 2 mins to let all the startup softwares running, it already take me around 2GBs.
And all those softwares raise my laptop temperature to 50+.
Most of them were asus's startup system.

Ya, maybe getting an extra cooler will do the job. but it takes another usb port. =[
Have plugin my mouse, keyboard, and external hard disc. Guess the last one will need for the cooler.

Chungz
Level 7
btw, does anyone know how to change screen resolution high then 1366x768. example to 1600x900 ?
and if i change to higher resolution, does my screen still support 3D function ?

Mystery-_-Man
Level 9
Your native resolution should be 1920x1080.

Mystery-Man, what do you mean native resolution.

When I first get my g55, it's already 1366x768, and it's the highest resolution with (recommand).
couldn't increase anymore.
I tried once that I increased to 1600 by myself, icon on screen seems not sharp anymore.

do you mean any setting?