cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

13.4 / 13.5 Drivers + GPU Tweak = crashtastic

B0UJI
Level 7
Hey all just a warning and heads up after some pretty terrifying crashes it appears at least for me with a Matrix 7970 P the latest drivers and GPUTweak are not great friends.

You use the ATI uninstaller to clean the old drivers and reboot, then setup the new drivers and reboot. Upon next login I got a Grey Screen of Death (i suppose!) with the main screen freezing up (whole PC actually) and sound looping on login. After testing with both 13.4 + 13.5 and having to recover my GPU twice it seems to be related to GPUTWEAK. It was still doing it when no overclock was applied too, as I reset all to default and tried again, same result!

I checked my windows logs and when the crashes occur there's no "Video Hardware" error or BSOD Code for Harware/Driver fault but there is faults relating to GPUTWEAK exactly when it happens. I've uninstalled GPU tweak, then used the ATI Uninstaller in safe mode. Rebooted and setup 13.4 drivers and all good after that!

So... guess I might try Afterburner... see if that behaves better!

As a side note, 13.5 drivers cause a red line down the left side of mt Display Port connected monitor, anyone seen this too? I have seen reports it may be a DisplayPort related bug in the betas.
4 REPLIES 4

map01ch
Level 7
What is your system config? Apart from using 7970P with 13.5...

B0UJI
Level 7
Yep,

I have a:

Maximus V Formula (Game Bundled Edition)
i7 2600k (O'C to 4GHZ)
8GB Corsair RAM
250GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
Win7 x64 Pro

map01ch
Level 7
What is the MB BIOS version?

B0UJI
Level 7
BIOS Version is still 1408 i think. Looking to update, were there many changes in the two new releases?