cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help removing RST e and installing RST on Rampage IV extreme

jpsgaming
Level 8
Hello,

I was wanting to remove my rst e that Ive been using and install the RST drivers that are now available from the Asus website listed under the downloads for the Rampage IV extreme mobo.

Its the RST V11.7.0.1030 from the Asus site that I want to install over my current enterprise version since I read normal RST perform better.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_IV_EXTREME/#support_Download_36

Can I just run it and over write the RST e or do I have to do some form of magical voodoo to get rid of the enterprise first?

Also then do I need to do anything special to install the RST since Ive been reading you have to force install them?

Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

Unixsystem
Level 8
Go under add/remove programs and uninstall RSTe, it just installs the management stuff not the actual driver. Then install the RST ones.

If it doesn't let you install the RST, then download the F6 drivers or extract them from the exe file.

SetupRST.exe -a -a -p c:\windows\temp

And go under device manager and under the storage controllers, click properties and under the driver tab select update driver , browse my computer for driver software, then let me pick from a list, and click the have disk button and point it at the F6 or extracted driver.

Unixsystem wrote:
Go under add/remove programs and uninstall RSTe, it just installs the management stuff not the actual driver. Then install the RST ones.

If it doesn't let you install the RST, then download the F6 drivers or extract them from the exe file.

SetupRST.exe -a -a -p c:\windows\temp

And go under device manager and under the storage controllers, click properties and under the driver tab select update driver , browse my computer for driver software, then let me pick from a list, and click the have disk button and point it at the F6 or extracted driver.

Thank you sir/mam I will give it a try tonight

ChiefZeke
Level 10
You don't have to install the old one from the ASUS site, Intel RST version 12_5_0_1066 is available from the Intel download site and it installed just fine here.
Lian-Li PC-A77F Full Tower case
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200 ATX12V & EPS12V PSU
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 X79
Intel Core i7-3960X 3.31 LGA 2011 CPU
Intel RTS2011LC Liquid Cooling Solution
Kingston KHX24C11T3K4/32X (quad 32Gb memory kit) 2 each
ASUS Radeon HD7970 DirectCUII 3Gb GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (two in CrossfireX Mode)
Western Digital Cavier Black 2Tb SATA III 6.0GB/S
OCZ Technologies Vertex 4 SATAIII 6Gb/s 512Gb SSD

Busy weekend havent had a chance to do this yet.

I got one mroe question before I attempt tonight.

I am using the intel 6GB for 1 SSD drive - Main System Drive
I am using 2x 3GB Intel ports for RAID 0 on 2 HDD drives for other stuff, games and programs.
I set this up in the RAID BIOS at bootup of course.

Raid Bios on bootup shows the SSD (not part of the array so its passed by) which is normal
The 2s HDDs are part of the Raid 0 array.

If I remove the RST E and install the RST there wouldnt be a chance of the RAID messing up would it....I have so much stuff on those HDD's lol

Latest from Intel now is RST 12.6.0.1003
Lian-Li PC-A77F Full Tower case
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200 ATX12V & EPS12V PSU
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 X79
Intel Core i7-3960X 3.31 LGA 2011 CPU
Intel RTS2011LC Liquid Cooling Solution
Kingston KHX24C11T3K4/32X (quad 32Gb memory kit) 2 each
ASUS Radeon HD7970 DirectCUII 3Gb GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (two in CrossfireX Mode)
Western Digital Cavier Black 2Tb SATA III 6.0GB/S
OCZ Technologies Vertex 4 SATAIII 6Gb/s 512Gb SSD

Hi,

I'm also wishing to do this though on a Formula board.

I just updated my BIOS before proceeding with the switch from RSTe to RST and upon reconfiguring my BIOS settings after the update the BIOS informed me a windows re-install needs to occur to change from RSTe to RST?

Is this actually true and if I do follow Unixsystem's instructions will my current arrays be damged/deleted. Also if i did have to reinstall windows to enable RST is it possible to keep my current array's (note: both are made of 2 drives each in RAID 0/Stripped mode).

Any feedback would be a great help, just don't want to loose my data doing this.

Nodens
Level 16
Answered in your thread. It had ended up in moderation queue because you had a faulty URL link in it.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.