Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Z87 Motherboards Unveiled

kkn
Level 14
59 REPLIES 59

chrsplmr
Level 18
Great catch kkn .. I sure hope that black and gold theme sticks .. that IS deluxe.
Pretty interesting the 'naming' changes as well .. a little confusing as to the rationale
behind it .. hero ?? [bombs for me on that]
and What in the name of Zeus is a 'Gryphoon' ???

I never thought I'd be saying this but it maybe time for an 'upgrade' on the color
scheme of ROG .. a tweak or something .. in this ver VI its looking long in the tooth ..
same ol' same ol' ... [[and I never got over the loss of the ROG orb from my IV Extreme .. miss her still.]]
maybe some deeper/darker reds or contrasts or something ... reverse ??? dark red board ??
I know the crosshair VI would look great in flaming oranges, reds and yellows .. hehehhee .. hot baby !!!

mmmmmmm .. CrossHair VI Gold. [come on AMD we have dreams to build here.] cudos k+.c.

chrsplmr wrote:

and What in the name of Zeus is a 'Gryphoon' ???

its a mythical beast that have a head of an eagle and a body of a lion. 😉
Intel Core i7-3770K| Asus Maximus V Formula | Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866 CL9-9-9-27 Red Green| Western Digital Black 1tb | Corsair AX860i | NZXT Phantom Red|

kkn
Level 14
well more 6gig ports ( intel of what i can gess out of the collors ) and i guess there are more 16x ports then before ( on mine i have 1 16x and 2 8x ( in sli ) )

intresting they didnt decide to do the hybrid cooling again. considering everyone seems to have the option now on their mobo's. i would give my liver to have a black and neon green rog mb, but sadly gigabyte has pooped on that idea. A option to choose your colors, while non feasable, but would be AWESOME. i like black and red tho.

also wondering if theres any surprises that come with the extreme? Any new goodies or perks that will make me pick it over the others. I plan on putting one in a strike-x open cases, so I wouldn't mind some eye candy since the board will be visual.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
This must be some kind of hoax, it just has to be...a "hero" Maximus board...wth? and why no Formula? is someone out there trying to kill off the RoG brand or what?

X-ROG
Level 15
Very disappointing how some websites treat legal agreements. 😞 BUT you're totally free to discuss though, but we cannot comment yet until you see it on our front page. 😉

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Very disappointing how some websites treat legal agreements. 😞 BUT you're totally free to discuss though, but we cannot comment yet until you see it on our front page. 😉

what's even more disappointing to see No Formula VI 😞

Rayhan
Level 8
Asus ROG y u no formula? 😛
Intel Core i7-3770K| Asus Maximus V Formula | Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866 CL9-9-9-27 Red Green| Western Digital Black 1tb | Corsair AX860i | NZXT Phantom Red|