cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jack detection/ speaker disable - crosshair V formula Z

optimus
Level 7
Recently built a new system around the formula Z board in a CM storm Trooper case. the problem I am currently having is that when I plug headphones into the front audio port it isn't disabling the rear port. I have noticed by looking around that there seams to be some issues with the realtek chip and use of the soundblaster software. I have experienced the hissing and/or crackling whe shutting down or sending to sleep the pc and followed the instructions and it does seam to cure it but hasn't solved the jack issue.

On the one thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?13051-GET-FULL-SupremeFX-X-Fi-MB2-EXPERIENCE-including-Opti... post 35 - 2nd pic the screenshot there shows a window that I haven't seen even though I installed everything, I am wondering if this could be part of the issue if so where do I find the application.
9 REPLIES 9

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the Republic of Gamers forum, optimus.

Which window are you referring to, my friend? H

ere's what you need to do to mute the rear audio when the front audio is connected. You see that Gear looking icon on the top. Click it. Then click Option. Under Playback Device, tick the Mute the rear output device, when a front headphone plugged in. And make sure that the other Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously option is unticked.

Chino wrote:
Welcome to the Republic of Gamers forum, optimus.

Which window are you referring to, my friend? H

Thank you for the welcome. If you look at post number 35 on the link i posted, you will see 2 pictures together with screen shots, 1 is the activate screen and the other shows the audio ports along the bottom with the speaker setup and so forth with the ROG logo in the top left corner. It looks somewhat like the 'Via HD deck' console

Chino wrote:
ere's what you need to do to mute the rear audio when the front audio is connected. You see that Gear looking icon on the top. Click it. Then click Option. Under Playback Device, tick the Mute the rear output device, when a front headphone plugged in. And make sure that the other Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously option is unticked.

I don't see a screen with a gear icon in, perhaps you refer to the screen that I may be missing as mentioned above???

Chino
Level 15
If you're not seeing the Realtek HD Audio Manager, it's because you haven't installed the drivers for it. Go to the Crosshair V formula-Z page and download the latest one from there. Install it and after the restart, you'll see the icon for it in your Notification Area. Click it and you'll see a window exactly like the one in the post.

Chino wrote:
If you're not seeing the Realtek HD Audio Manager, it's because you haven't installed the drivers for it. Go to the Crosshair V formula-Z page and download the latest one from there. Install it and after the restart, you'll see the icon for it in your Notification Area. Click it and you'll see a window exactly like the one in the post.

hi,
I installed the latest driver from the realtek homepage and the soundblaster x-fi audio utility. I never had the realtek hd audio manager from when I first installed the system it has always been the soundblaster programs and i let the disc install everything when I first set it up 😞

Chino
Level 15
Try this.

1. Uninstall the Soundblaster software and driver.
2. Uninstall the Realtek drivers.
3. Download Driver Sweeper.
4. Reboot into Safe Mode.
5. Run Driver Sweeper and remove any leftover traces of the Soundblaster and Realtek drivers.
6. Reboot back into Windows.
7. Download the latest Realtek driver from the Asus site.
8. Install the drivers making sure you run the installer as administrator.
9. When you're finished, reboot.

Now, does the icon appear in your Notification Area?

optimus
Level 7
Sorry I haven't been on for a few days been tied up with stuff, have tried what you suggested only installing the realtek driver but still no notification icon

optimus
Level 7
been playing about with stuff and looking more around the net and found in 'MSconfig' that the HD audio manager is set to startup with windows but doesn't seam to ?? Found that the program is actually installed and am able to access it, found all the settings were as they should be so no idea what is going on but now the rear speakers disable when I plug in the headphones on the front although there is still no tray icon and no pop up telling me when I plug in a connector!!

chrsplmr
Level 18
Hate to bring this up .. hahha .. but this how 'I' do it ..

chrsplmr wrote:
Hate to bring this up .. hahha .. but this how 'I' do it ..

I'm not quite sure on your point matey, if it's pointing out if the audio manager is installed than that wouldn't help as I wouldn't know which files belonged to the audio manager. I only found the files by a bit of digging and put a shortcut to it from the desktop. It still doesn't show in the programmes menu or the systray even though it's set to start when windows boots 😞