cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Extreme with 3970X CPU and BIOS ???

BlackSoft
Level 7
Hi! Sry for my english, but i can't speak well...

I bought an iv extreme mobo. I want to buy an intel 3970x. I seen the cpu supp on asus.com, and for the 3970x cpu the board needs "2105" bios version. So this mono shipped with this bios, or an older version, like "1005"???

From 3930k to 3960x needs "1005" bios. If the current factory bios is 1005, how can i upgrade to 2105, without any older cpu than 3970x?

First i must buy an older cpu to upgrade the bios for the 70x? Or what? :confused:

But if the mobo originally shipped with 2105 bios, no problem...
3 REPLIES 3

Menthol
Level 14
I believe you can update the bios without a cpu installed, Flashback method with the bios on a usb stick, white usb port on back panel, push the ROG button until starts flashing, flashback instructions on ASUS site and here in forums. Depends on what bios board came with, .rom or .cap, you may need to use the cap converter.

Chino
Level 15
Please locate the long, thing sticker that is on your motherboard. You'll see a barcode and a lot of numbers. Post the last 4 digits that you see here. That's your shipping BIOS and it'll tell us if you need to upgrade the BIOS and if the CAP converter is needed.

HiVizMan
Level 40
You can update using only a USB stick with the Flashback method.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.