cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair IV Formula DRAM LED

Retired
Not applicable
I have just finished assembly and cannot get this board to POST. Stops on DRAM and LED stays red.

Croshair IV Formula
AMD Phenom II 1100t Black Edition

Memory tried so far:
Corsair Vengeance CMZ16gx3m4a1600c9
tried as single sticks in all slots, dual in both black and red
PNY 4GB PC3 10666 at 1333
Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1866c9
tried as before

Reset CMOS, removed batteryand changed jumpers, used "Go" button, used ROG connect with laptop.
9 REPLIES 9

Raja
Level 13
Hi,

Can you remove AC power from the board, insert a single DIMM in the slot furthest from the CPU and see if the board will POST. If it will not, then remove the CPU from the and clear CMOS (do this with AC power removed), and try again.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Removed CPU, Removed CMOS battery, changed jumpers. Replaced everything, RAM in last slot and RED DRAM, no video.

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks Raja. This was my first attempt at building a system, if this is the fun I can expect it might be my last.

Raja
Level 13
Sounds like you will have to RMA as that is all the standard debugging done.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Fogot to mention I am using a GeForce GTX550Ti video card. But the system never gets past the RAM.

Raja
Level 13
Only thing I can think is to ensure that you have the DRAM and GPU firmly seated in the slots.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
I did. I have removed everything and prepped it to send back under RMA. Not sure what I'm going to do from this point, don't know if I want to stay with the same MOBO or look at something different. Don't really need the OC ability just thought it would be cool to have the ability.

chrsplmr
Level 18
I would upgrade to the V...ooohh..I did.
Best of luck..c.

Retired
Not applicable
chrsplmr wrote:
I would upgrade to the V...ooohh..I did.
Best of luck..c.

There sure seems to be several posts about this same issue. I'm going to try Raja's steps again. Maybe I missed something. Or, there is that other thing...maybe I love the thrill of it all and the punishment of having to solve the problem! Hahaha