cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLI will not boot! Hangs on AE code. Maximus V Extreme.

Lawdor
Level 7
Hey guys,

Cannot figure this out, I have two GTX Titan's (EVGA SC). Both work fine in slot 1. I tried to SLI them using slot 1+ 2 or 3 and neither allow it to boot. It hangs on AE code after the BIOS boot screen and goes black. I went into the BIOS and it shows them as detected, and tried switching them to force PCIE3, nada.

Where am I going wrong? Thanks guys!
25 REPLIES 25

SUKARA
Level 10
Please help to install 1pcs graphic card then try to upgrade the motherboard latest version bios
If still can't normal to boot,maybe you can help to provide your hardware devices list...

Lawdor
Level 7
I tried both cards in slot 1, both boot fine, it's when I add the second card. The only other thing I'm running is a sound card. As far as I can see if I two way SLI I should use slot 1 and 3 (the black one) is that coorect?

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would change where I have the video cable connected on the graphic card and see if the problem goes away.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Lawdor
Level 7
What are the appropriate slots to mount the cards in?

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Slots 1 and 2b, according to the manual...and what i've been reading here in the Forums

Lawdor
Level 7
This is beyond ridiculous, this motherboard has been nothing but trouble, it threw error code 55 for hours and hours when I first built it which is RAM related. Now this?

I just tried every possible combination, including only one card in each slot, they all work fine, two cards always throws an AE code. Bios is up to date. I had the sound card removed for all tests. Nothing, nada. I also tried Hiviz idea of changing display inputs, nothing. This is infuriating, my fingers are ridiculously sore from pulling the power cables out of the GPU's!

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Maybe your SLI bridge is bad? have you tried another?

NemesisChild
Level 12
Two Titans, you better have a high end PSU, what unit are you using?
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

HiVizMan
Level 40
And I do hope you have the additional power connected to the PCIe lanes. The 6 pin one near the first slot.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.