cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Sata3 and USB3.0 ports

Pezhan
Level 7
Hi, i have a RIVE since March of 2012
Since one month i detected that two of four ports USB3.0 of I/O no working (i work with this ports), no read, no vital signals 😕
Also this problem, also detected that 2 ports SATA3 no working, install a HDD and no working and detected by Windows, but install in other ports is detected inmediately. Look SATA 3 port and i concluded what this port is controled by AsMedia chipset. I have not test the eSATA port with no have a device with this interface.

The garanty in my country by store purchase is expired 😕

Any help??

Thanks!
19 REPLIES 19

Nodens
Level 16
Is the Asmedia controller enabled?
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

SUKARA
Level 10
Please help to reinto the bios manual,then do once load defaulfs setting(hot key F5)...
Then try to open the quickly boot manual(when the post logo press the hot key "F8") check about the usb3.0 device running normal?

HiVizMan
Level 40
What I would suggest is that you remove the current drivers you have for your motherboard, both the Asmedia and the USB3 drivers and reinstall them.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

@HiVizMan

was the first thing I

@HiVizMan

was the first thing I

Pezhan
Level 7
PD: i can make a video in where demostrate, with Windows on, that conect de ssd in a final ports sata no recognize a ssd, and if install in other por normal funtion...

Nodens
Level 16
This sounds like corrupted drivers and/or windows installation. If you do a fresh install and it still doesn't work then you should RMA the board. If you don't want to do a fresh installation you can boot up a Linux Live CD, to test the ports from there. If it works under the Linux Live CD then you'll have to reinstall Windows.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Pezhan
Level 7
Ok, i have a SSD free, i try...