cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no beta windows 8 certified bios for z68 chipset?????

digmeahole
Level 8
ASRock released a beta BIOS for a ASRock Z68 Extreme4 motherboard that allowed this user to unlock Windows 8's Ultra Fast Boot.

Why wont ASUS do this for us? I paid three hundred and fifty dollars for a top of the line Asus Maximus Extreme Z and no bios update?

ASrock proved windows 8 runs with fast boot under uefi on a Z68 Chipset and released a beta bios for it. Here is the proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw2lOdQSEmA
"Those who are willing to give up freedom for security deserve neither"
Ben Franklin

Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
Intel I7-2700K OC to 4.7 @ 1.330 volts
2X EVGA 660TI SLI
G.Skill Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz
2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD. Raid 0. 1 500gb WD VelociRaptor
Antec Gamers edition Bronze rated PSU 750 Watts
Corsair H80 Closed loop CPU cooler
Dragon Test Bench Case
11 REPLIES 11

HiVizMan
Level 40
A fair point mate but one that I am not able to answer, the best I can do is bump it upstairs.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Praz
Level 13
As far as I know there is not enough ROM space available for the additional code needed on these older boards.

Beta bios is same size as non beta 8mb which is the same size as Asus bios. Please bump this thread up as it is not fair that must buy a new board after 1 1/2 years when I spent the amount i stated. If i purchased a 100 dollar board i would not expect anything BUT in this case i think we deserve a beta bios same as ASROCK IF not more.... Proof of their bios size.... when you download the file from the link i provided the size is the same. so to me it is just a question of not wanting to do the work for us. please correct me if i am wrong...

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z68%20Extreme4/?cat=Beta

Praz wrote:
As far as I know there is not enough ROM space available for the additional code needed on these older boards.
Ben Franklin

2X EVGA 660TI SLI
Dragon Test Bench Case

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thanks Praz I really had no idea about that one, I am aware that some of the other motherboard makers had bigger bios chips (capacity) that could handle the new bios's - but since I did not ever have an ASUS 68 board I could not respond. Much appreciated.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Beta bios is same size as non beta 8mb which is the same size as Asus bios. Please bump this thread up as it is not fair that must buy a new board after 1 1/2 years when I spent the amount i stated. If i purchased a 100 dollar board i would not expect anything BUT in this case i think we deserve a beta bios same as ASROCK IF not more.... Proof of their bios size.... when you download the file from the link i provided the size is the same. so to me it is just a question of not wanting to do the work for us. please correct me if i am wrong...

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z68%20Extreme4/?cat=Beta

QUOTE=HiVizMan;259400]Thanks Praz I really had no idea about that one, I am aware that some of the other motherboard makers had bigger bios chips (capacity) that could handle the new bios's - but since I did not ever have an ASUS 68 board I could not respond. Much appreciated.
Ben Franklin

2X EVGA 660TI SLI
Dragon Test Bench Case

Praz
Level 13
While not cast in stone this is my understanding for any board that has not been updated for full Win8 compatibility.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Consider it done my friend.

Thank you! you can always be counted on to help us when others don't. You are a real winner in my book.
HiVizMan wrote:
Consider it done my friend.
Ben Franklin

2X EVGA 660TI SLI
Dragon Test Bench Case

chevy350
Level 10
I was wondering this as well since I thought about trying out Win8 again. Any info would be appreciated 😉
AMD 2700X, Asus ROG Strix X470-F, G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 (16gbx2), XFX RX 580, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair 750D, SeaSonic 860W, OCZ RD400, Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb, Intel 520 120Gb SSD