cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver Download - LAN ??

rjbarker
Level 11
Hi there
In preparation of "building", I'm on the Asus RIVE Download Site and presently downloading all up to date n necessary Drivers.

I'm a tad confused with the LAN Drivers, which do I need:
1.Intel Gigabit Ethernet Driver 17.2.0.0 Dated Oct 22 2012
2. Intel LAN Driver 17.3.0.0 Dated Sept 21 2012

Also, really confused here:
Intel Gigabit Ethernet Driver version 17.3.0.0 BUT dated Sept 20 2012 (earlier date than the 17.2.0.0 version ???)

So out of those, which do I need to install?

Also which of the SATA Drivers do I need:
1. Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise driver software V3.6.0.1093 for Windows Vista/7/8 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL) Dated March 5 2013
2. Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver software V11.7.0.1030 for Windows 7/8 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL) Dated March 5 2013
3. ntel(R) Rapid Storage Technology enterprise Driver Software V3.6.0.1086 for Windows Vista/7 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology enterprise Driver Software V3.6.0.1090 for Windows 8 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
Intel(R) AHCI/RAID Driver for Windows Vista 32bit & 64bit.
Intel(R) RAID Driver for Windows 7/8 32bit & 64bit. Dated Feb 7 2013

I'm pretty sure I need this one:
Asmedia SATA Controller Driver V1.3.4.0 for Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL) Dated July 20 2012

Cheers

Cheers n thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Go with option 1: Gigabit Ethernet Driver, you should be right with that one. I think the difference is the Gigabit version is the "Pro" edition of the Intel LAN Suite.

kkn
Level 14
as long as you aint going to do raid, you dont need to download the raid drivers,

HiVizMan
Level 40
I am so conservative when it comes to drivers. For lan and audio I only use the vendor drivers found on the motherboard support page. All others I source from the provider.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have a look at the link i posted yesterday. I like that page because they don't update straight away with the very latest drivers that can end up giving you an early adopter headache. They kind of update the drivers with a nice delay and by the time they do the driver is well tested but nice and recent...

For example the LAN driver is 18..... now. the ASUS site is back in the dark ages;)

Also as kkn said RSTe drivers are for RAID setups...you won't need those. Good for RAID but less performance if you are using a single SSD. If you want to try go RST or just use the auto installed Microsoft...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1193055/asus-x79-series-information-thread-drivers-bioses-overclocking-up...