cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with buying/upgrading bluetooth for g75vw

whoopdido2u2
Level 7
Hi, I have recently purchased an asus g75vw gaming laptop. This particular model has the following specs;

ASUS G75VW Gaming Notebook
Intel Core i7 (3rd Gen) 3630M CPU
Full HD 17.3" HD LED backlight display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M with 3GB GDDR5
750 GB HDD / 7200 rpm
12GB DDR3 RAM
4 x USB 3.0 ports for super fast transfer
Intelligent cooling with dual rear venting for cooler + quieter use
Ergonomic design that’s made for gaming
DVD SuperMulti – read and write DVDs
SonicMaster audio with built-in subwoofer for immersive media
Full desktop-like keyboard with numpad and backlight
Windows 8 64-bit

Everything is fine though I need some help/advice with one thing though. I need to install an internal bluetooth module inside this laptop. I am quite sure it will have a slot for it to be installed since you can purchase this same laptop with internal bluetooth (it is an optional feature). I have tried contacting asus asking if I could order that specific part off them but sadly they said it wouldn't be possible. So my question is, what kind of bluetooth module should I purchase and where from. I was also thinking of replacing the wifi card with one that has bluetooth plus wifi but I also do not know how anything works in terms of laptop wifi cards (in terms of what fits and things like that). Any help is appreciated. Thanks
21 REPLIES 21

Pitcher1
Level 9
yep, if you buy laptop for wifi only, it can not optional bluetooth to your laptop, because asus shipment for some kind of difference skus,so, i think you would be add USB bluetooth to your laptop.

rewben
Level 13
@whoopdido2u2, for those models with BT, asus uses hybrid wifi cards (there is no additional slot specifically for BT)

if you are comfortable with tearing down the laptop (up to especially the keyboard, under which your wifi card is located), you can swap it with wifi-bluetooth hybrid cards, such as killer 1202 and intel 6235. for your reference, the stock wifi card i have in my laptop is an atheros wifi card (branded as AzureWave).

if you're not, you should use a usb bluetooth adapter like @Pitcher suggested.

thanks for the feedback, I think I will give replacing the wifi card a shot if I can find one to replace it with, if not I think I will have to somehow deal with 3 usb ports.. thank you once again

rewben
Level 13
ok 🙂

on the bright side: it's a simple task; just that it's awfully tedious. there are way too many screws in the way hehe

SpasTaz0917
Level 7
You can buy a new Wireless card that has Bluetooth in it and stick it in.
but you'll lose warranty 🙂
so if you want to keep your warranty just buy a small USB bluetooth stick
rig: Impact VII / 4790K / Crucial Ballistix SP 16GB 1600Mhz/ 256GB 850 Pro
Corsair AX760 / H105 AIO Watercooling / Bitfenix Prodigy
laptop: G75VW 3630QM / 670m /16GB RAM / 256GB 840 Pro + 750gb/ BD drive
Gaming OC for 670m 750/1750

SpasTaz0917 wrote:
You can buy a new Wireless card that has Bluetooth in it and stick it in.
but you'll lose warranty 🙂
so if you want to keep your warranty just buy a small USB bluetooth stick

damn. i forgot all about this one. yes, users shall mess with the components in the user-accessible area only.

from what i've read, certain service centers are very linear about warranty. just remember to put the stock components into place before you send it in.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
If it's new take it back and get one with BT already inside it.

Bundy_Drop_Bear wrote:
If it's new take it back and get one with BT already inside it.

It is still new though I can't take it back... wish I could. I actually want to buy the model with the 3D display and the bluray drive, and maybe also an SSD but I can't seem to find any one like that in Australia... Anyway this particular model was purchased from catch of the day, I think you would know what that is since you're also from Australia.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
Yeah I have heard about catch of the day, not to sure what sites/ retailers have it, I got mine at Harvey Norman and it came with Bluetooth/Blu-ray/ 3d and 3D glasses. The guy in the store didn't even know it had 3d till i explained it to him using the store display model which also had everything mine had.