cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Formula new build problem -- Please help :'(

Retired
Not applicable
:eek: Using the parts listed in my signature box I built a new computer and am having issues getting it to stay on. I read the manual and I believe it's all hooked up right including the 20-8 panel connector pins should be in the right spots minus the stupid case not comming equiped with a system warning speaker.. It starts up and freezes at random points and the farthest I've managed to get it is a blue screen error at win7 setup (PFN_LIST_CORRUPT) with alot of numbers. :confused: I've been tinkering with computers for years but I'm totally stumped. Maybe there's a special order that the SATA cables need to be connected in? IDK.. Please help!

Note: reset cmos many times and I havn't changed any values in setup aside from boot device order.
25 REPLIES 25

Area_66
Level 11
Hi, this look like a memory problem, can you try with only 1 stick , and if you have the same problem try with the other stick

Retired
Not applicable
So before switching to the other single ram stick configuration I tried clearing the RTC RAM to see if that would help and now I'm getting this "BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" message and I don't know how to remedy this. Ideas?

Kekashi497 wrote:
So before switching to the other single ram stick configuration I tried clearing the RTC RAM to see if that would help and now I'm getting this "BOOTMGR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" message and I don't know how to remedy this. Ideas?

Your boot order most like changed. Go into the UEFI and set the correct device to be first in the boot order or during Post press F8 and select your boot device.

MarkedOne wrote:
Hi, this look like a memory problem, can you try with only 1 stick , and if you have the same problem try with the other stick

yup it sounds like a memory problem .... seems like every thing with these boards is a memory problem from everybody that reposts here.. Dont get me wrong it most likely is ... but why dont ASUS tell us WHAT FRIGGIN MEMORY ACTUALLY WORKS !
THe QVL list in the manual is apparently the same list from a former board and they didnt update the manual ?
Why Doesnt AMD / ASUS do a thing like Intel and NVIDEA did with the SLI arraingement ? If you bought what they said worked it WORKED !
Dude Ive been down for over a month ..how would you feel ..
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks, I am getting that idea from a number of sites that the ram may be bad. I have used the ram in every configuration and it doesn't seem to be making any difference. I guess I'll just have to return this ram and maybe try some ripjaws or something.

Area_66
Level 11
Did you try a single RAm stick ? , you will be really out of luck to have both defective, Witch BIOS version do you have ?

Retired
Not applicable
It's v 0404 x64

Area_66
Level 11
upgrade to 0506, but use only 1 stick for the flashing

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/Crosshair_V_Formula/#download

Retired
Not applicable
I will try that, thanks. It's looking like I will have to replace the ram before I can get that far though. sometimes it freezes before I even get into BIOS. 😞