cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Build video

Zazalito
Level 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsoMXS8c9o0

At first I had a sabertooth z77 then upgraded to a Maximus V Formula.

Let me know your thoughts.
13 REPLIES 13

saipan
Level 8
any idea what the prob was with the sabertooth?
| CM HAF X | i5 3750k | EVGA 770 ACX | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 MB | OCZ Vertex 4 120GB |
| WD 1TB Sata3 Caviar Black | Antec HC 850 | Creative Recon 3D
|Creative G500 5.1 | Razer Abyssus

It kept giving me erroneous temperature readings on the mobo and cpu. 20537

I read that later on as well, that duplicate readings of sensors on the mobo could cause conflicts between software polling them. I only run one at a time per say when ever i'm trying to check up on my temps. However, I still get some crazy spikes on my mobo temps upwards of 170 degrees Celsius.

On that note, So I really want to OC my cpu and every guide I've followed leaves me in a unreliable state. I was wondering if I could get some advice on overclocking step by step and also, since this weekend im going to reinstall windows, what software should I install with my mobo "maximus v formula" from asus. So i can reliably monitor my hardware and use some of the special software that comes with the board, like the ROG Game first software etc.

Thanks!

Chino
Level 15
Misreadings are common for users who have AI Suite installed. Sometimes it causes conflicts with other programs running in the background. I usually recommend users to remove that software off their systems to avoid the problems that it can cause later on.

Chino wrote:
Misreadings are common for users who have AI Suite installed. Sometimes it causes conflicts with other programs running in the background. I usually recommend users to remove that software off their systems to avoid the problems that it can cause later on.

Its funny that ASUS wanted to RMA the board after sending them the screenshot. I wonder why they didn't bother to relay this but either way It gave the great oppertunity to upgrade! lol

Chino
Level 15
Personally, I'd pass on the extra software from Asus. The only software you'll need is the SupremeFX program assuming that you'll want to take advantage of the extra juice in your sound. As for temperature monitoring, there are a lot of options out there like RealTemp, Core Temp, AIDA64, HWMonitor, etc... Personally I like HWMonitor because you get readings for all your other components like fans, GPU, RPM, etc...

You have all the necessary components for a nice OC. There is an overclock guide in my signature that can walk you from start to end to get a nice overclock with your i7-3770K. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

As a matter of fact I did, however, since I've swapped mobo's without rebuilding windows, I wanted to go ahead and rebuilding off of the new mobo just to make sure i don't have conflicting drivers etc and try again with your guide.

I was unable to be stable with your guide though.

Zazalito wrote:
As a matter of fact I did, however, since I've swapped mobo's without rebuilding windows, I wanted to go ahead and rebuilding off of the new mobo just to make sure i don't have conflicting drivers etc and try again with your guide.

I was unable to be stable with your guide though.

Actually it isn't mines. LOL I just have it referenced in my signature. It works for some and it doesn't for others. The fact is that each CPU is different and requires a unique voltage to be stable at a certain frequency. So yours might need a tad more than 1.35V to be stable at 4.7GHz. Use increments of 0.005V until you're stable. Just remember to keep it under 1.5V.

Keep the incriments under 1.5v? And should I always be going up? Whats the limit before I should try going under 1.35v?