cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the ultimates bug with maximus V extreme

masterac
Level 8
a lot of people who read my previous post know all the issue i had with the M5E, so i will only recap for those who want to help, and the follow up of those issues, and the workaround i found (if they was one....actually only for bluetooth ("mens love bluetooth")).

-the bluetooth issue:
can't detect the bluetooth of the maximus...easy to fix, install the blutooth driver BEFORE the wifi driver

-the intel 4000 issue:
well thats more complicated, i wasn't able to fix it.
i was on bios 1501 and everything was ok,then i move to 1604 and lost the 4000,moved to the 1707 and still haven't had it back....wait i flash back to 1604....let me flash back to 1501 first (forgot)

i can't use MVP beccause the 4000 isnt detected, and can use the board hdmi port (problably because 4000 isnt seen (even before booting, even with GPU out (physically)

-the ram issue:
i have 16 giga of corsaire ram, the bios can see them (every version), cpuz can see them, but windows only see 8 giga.
i have seven pro,and it used to see all of them, can't understand what wen't wrong this is the thing where i need help to fix (if i succed on the intel 4000 it will be the only issue i have left)

i have reinstall windows so many time i don't know where those issue are from

and lately my AX1200i just died on me (thats the 3th time i'm having problem with those, even the sailman don't get it...neither do i, i juste use them over 50% capacity top...what the hell !!!!)

i need a divine intervention, please send help

this is a list of everything i tried in order to fix eveything:

-change bios to 1604 to fix bluetooth (discovery of missing 4000 and ram
-reinstall windows = fix bluetooth
-change bios to 1707= doesn't fix anything
-change bios back to 1604 = doesn't fix anything
-reinstall windows = doesn't fix anything (but bluetooth fix thx to installing ALWAY driver first)
-going to flash back to 1501.....will see what is fix
6 REPLIES 6

masterac
Level 8
just flash to 1501...didn't solve anything, its like the i7 4000 is dead...Very weird, and can't say otherwise for the ram,since it can be seen has 4x4giga in the bios.
there a wild screencapture appear !!!

billyray520
Level 10
Good info about the Blue tooth. Mine always worked, I just installed the Bluetooth/WIFI driver from the DVD. Never had any trouble with HD4000 either. But there is a caveat with Virtu MVP, the version date must be later than your GPU drivers. Therefore only install from orig. DVD. Otherwise get the newest VIrtu MVP, but I don't know if it's free. When using Virtu MVP, you should NOT have the HD4000 GUI installed, just the GPU driver. That way you should be able to install (in the second place) your discrete GPU driver/interface. It's on the DVD.

After using Virtu MVP, I wasn't impressed with anything it did, and all the trouble it was, so I uninstalled.

When sending my discrete gpu in for RMA, I used the Latest Intel HD4000 drivers downloaded from their website for a few months. But my Blu-ray DVD player/software would not work with it. So it's more like a spare tire than a viable option.
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

virtu still give a boost, I had it before, so I don't get why I don't hae it now.

when I tried to install it, I get "no discret gpu found" or something like it, I can't even find it in the bios anymore,like it non existent, what should I do ?

everything is new on that machine...expect the GPU and all the hard drives....and those are the only thing that bloody work !!!!!!!!
when you buy premium you expect premium.

now the question is what should I RMA ? the motherboard ? the CPU.
is it the MV that can't detect correctly the cpu or is it the cpu that is faulty (and I never OC it ), and with the H110 its at 30° celcius all time.

I really need help guys, I need my main computer back.

I plan on calling the store and ask them to do something since I bought all this less than 3 month ago.

I really need help

apocalypzez
Level 10
In order to use the HD4000 along with ur discreet GPU, you should 'Enable' the iGPU Multi-Monitor Support, which can be found under BIOS ADVANCED TAB > System Agent Configuration > Graphic Configuration. Once you do that you should be able install hd4000 drivers and Virtu stuffs as well along with your discrete GPU.
ASUS Maximus IX APEX || Core i7 7700K || Corsair H150i Pro || EVGA RTX 2080 Ti B.E. || G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C15D-16GTZR 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 @ 15-16-16-35-2N || ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB x 2 (RAID0) || WD RED 3TB x 2 || Corsair AX1200i || NZXT H700i (without the smart hub) || Dell U3011 || Windows 10 Pro x64 || Logitech Z2300 THX Certified 2.1 & Corsair Vengeance 2000 ||

HiVizMan
Level 40
Did you update your bios before you did the new build? And if you did what method did you use to flash the bios. Was an firware or iRog update performed automatically as part of that bios flash?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

puma99dk_
Level 9
u should flash to bios 1707 bcs i got told from cadaveca on techpowerup.com that lower versions down to was it 0804 could get corrupted under crash...

cadaveca wrote:
BIOSes after 0804 and up to 1605 can corrupt on crashes. I suggest getting off of that BIOS ASAP, as too many crashes can lead to Intel MEI corruption, which can make changes in BIOS in-effective. The latest BIOS addresses this issue.

Original Post