cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW HDMI Output Problem

0V3RM1ND
Level 7
Hi Guys,

I am unable to connect my laptop to my TV since it does not detect any HDMI output from computer. I have been trying this with different TVs and cables but the result is same so far.
I would like to note that this problem only occurs with devices like TV with both audio and video, i mean i can successfully connect it to my Samsung LED screen since the sound output is still from the computer.
I have NVIDIA driver 314.22 which is the latest version.
I have tried to communicate with both ASUS and NVIDIA about this problem but the situation is being ignored by them.:(
I'd appreciate any help or ideas that might help me overcome this annoying situation. I do not even know whether this is because of the computer itself or graphic card or OS ?
ASUS G75VW
INTEL CORE I7 - 3630QM @2,40 GHZ
24 GB RAM
1 TB + 256 GB SSD HDD
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670M 3GB VRAM
17" 3D DISPLAY
WIN8.1 OS
8 REPLIES 8

xeromist
What mode are you setting for the HDMI out? Perhaps it's not supported by the TV. Have you tried different resolutions and refresh rates? Also, does the TV show up when you go to the Nvidia control panel and force detection?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
What mode are you setting for the HDMI out?

Dear Xeromist,
What do you mean exactly by this sentence above? By the way i have tried connecting in several resolutions and refresh rates. May you also tell where to find this "Force Detection" in NVidia panel please?
Regards.
ASUS G75VW
24 GB RAM
1 TB + 256 GB SSD HDD
17" 3D DISPLAY
WIN8.1 OS

xeromist
Yup, you got it. Mode is the combination of all settings such as res & refresh. If you've tried several common modes and your TV doesn't see them then I agree something else may be going on. Note that depending on the TV you might have to choose 1280 × 720@24Hz or 1366x768@30Hz or even something less common for the TV to understand it as 720p HD. The only way to know for sure is the TV's manual.

RE:force detection
I'm on a workstation so I think my display options are slightly different than yours but if you go to the Nvidia control panel it's something like "set up display". On mine it's "Set up multiple displays". In the middle of the panel there is a link on mine that says "My display is not shown". That's what you use to force rigorous detection.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Dear Xeromist,
Thank you for valuable advice. As you told my control panel was different but i have found it. Tonight i will try these possible solutions and give feedback tomorrow.
Regards
ASUS G75VW
24 GB RAM
1 TB + 256 GB SSD HDD
17" 3D DISPLAY
WIN8.1 OS

Dear Xeromist,
I tried every possible solution and unfortunately did not achieve any result. I messed with all the resolution and refresh rate options but the computer just ignores the TV. Can it be something with any missing HDMI driver or what?
ASUS G75VW
24 GB RAM
1 TB + 256 GB SSD HDD
17" 3D DISPLAY
WIN8.1 OS

xeromist
Well, the fact that it works with the Samsung means the port is active. It's rather odd that multiple TVs fail though. It's not unheard of for a specific TV model to have issues with a specific player or in this case laptop, but different TVs doesn't make sense. HDMI audio shouldn't matter as you can choose to use the internal speakers even when connected to an HDMI device.

If the external monitor is connected you see something on it if it is connected when the laptop is booting? How about the TV?

Also, I know this is a stupid question but you are toggling the Fn+f8 key on the laptop after you connect, not just connecting and expecting it to work, right?

dstrakele
Level 14
1) Have you tried troubleshooting the problem from the TV end? HDTV Manuals typically offer detailed instructions for connecting a PC via HDMI. There is a little more TV setup involved than just plugging in the cable. Tell us the exact model of HDTV and describe in detail what you've done to make the connection.

Sometimes a simple call to the HDTV Technical Support can quickly resolve the problem.

2) A screenshot from the NVIDIA Control Panel showing the configuration of the display(s) would be helpful to pursue matters further from the laptop end.

3) Enlist the aid of your more technically experienced friends. Sometimes it's a lot easier to see the problem when you're onsite . The lack of details in your posts makes it difficult to offer specific recommendations.

If a friend can successfully connect their laptop to your HDTV, then we'll know the problem lies with your laptop.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
0V3RM1ND wrote:
Hi Guys,
I am unable to connect my laptop to my TV since it does not detect any HDMI output from computer. I have been trying this with different TVs and cables but the result is same so far.
I would like to note that this problem only occurs with devices like TV with both audio and video, i mean i can successfully connect it to my Samsung LED screen since the sound output is still from the computer.
I have NVIDIA driver 314.22 which is the latest version.

I have a Win7 G75VW test unit that outputs to an HDMI monitor (not TV) okay, so hopefully we can figure this out if you want to keep pursuing it (and bugging me if necessary 🙂 ).

1. As far as I know, it normally shouldn't make much difference displaying to TV except that you may need to toggle through your TV inputs to find the correct HDMI input signal(s). If you have a different device (video camera, computer, etc.) to connect to your TV by HDMI, you may want to try this too just to confirm your procedure is correct.

2. My Win7 G75VW unit was able to display the bios screen on the external monitor through HDMI, so you might want to try this too with a TV and not worry about any Windows driver issues for now.

3. If you get things working in the bios for the HDMI output, you may want to considering using the latest ASUS approved Win8 nVIdia driver for the G75Vw on the ASUS download site if necessary although you might want to check other things first.

Good luck and feel free to discuss more if you wish!