cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A BSOD while playing skyrim

fbm211
Level 7
I wiped my HD and did a clean win 7 install.After updating and downloading I started skyrim -new game and everything was spinning out of controll so I quit and loaded the save games that steam keeps on thier system and after about 10 min I got a BSOD.I wonder whats wrong now.And the anomaly remains---so sad..
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFF50012221F8B
BCP2: 0000000000000001
BCP3: FFFFF880043B7D8D
BCP4: 0000000000000007
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\051313-18220-01.dmp
C:\Users\Fred\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-34023-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Maximus VII Apex
Intel i7 10700k @ 5GHZ
Custom Water Cooling
Patriot Viper Steel 4400 17-17-17-36-300-2t
GeForce RTX 2080 Hydro Copper
WD Black NVMe 750 500g
Seasonic Focus GX-850
Lian LI O11D XL
Dell S3220DF Monitor
Vanatoo T 0s speaker system
ROG mouse
Audio Technica ATH-AD 2000x headphones
AE-9 Sound Blaster
12 REPLIES 12

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Ok I just quickly Googled your BSOD to see what I could come up with. A few different things it would seem could be at fault. NTFS Partition corruption - a scandisk should find out if this is a cause. Bad memory can also throw up this code too. Also, have you had any failed Windows updates?

fbm211
Level 7
No failed windows updates.
I tried to run cinebench and it quit and from previous experience with this build I downclocked to 4.6 and lowered my vcore and ran it again and it ran through fine.I dont see why my overclock failed after a clean install.It was working fine (stable) before that at 4.7ghz.It ran all benchmarks and games without fail.Im really at my wits end with this build.I have tried updating drivers,got another 680,installed geforce experence,did clean installs of drivers,etc,etc...I love everything about this MVF as it does everthing well, except gaming.Im assuming the BSOD was from the OC as it seems fine now but........Im afraid I am going to have to try a different board and if the graphics problen goes away I will know the cause.If not then I will have to sell the board,proc,memory and the DH-14 and just go back to my old rig.

PS. where do I find the scandisk program.?I dont see it anywhere in the control panel.
Maximus VII Apex
Intel i7 10700k @ 5GHZ
Custom Water Cooling
WD Black NVMe 750 500g
Seasonic Focus GX-850
Lian LI O11D XL
Dell S3220DF Monitor
ROG mouse
AE-9 Sound Blaster

Nodens
Level 16
Can you upload the minidump somewhere so I can take a look at it?
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

B0UJI
Level 7
http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Can be useful with BSOD's. There's a free home version.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey fbm211.. sorry you are still having problems.

Did you install Windows with the machine OCd? or did you install at stock and then OC (this latter of course being the way to go) and did it install and update all service packs etc. (the service pack line above says "0_0")

If your OC is showing problems then it is not stable. Instability can mean stable for everything but showing quirks in one or two things and usually gets worse as you go along. If your CPU likes 4.6 then OC to there....each CPU will usually try and tell you what is the sweet spot.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would suggest that you have a corrupted OS, and that unless your OC is rock solid one should not install OS will overclocked.

Send your dump on to Nodens and he will have a look.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

fbm211
Level 7
Im not sure how to or where to upload the dmp file.I dont have a program to open it either.
My bad.I did the install with machine OCed.I will do it again later today after resetting bios to optimized defaults.

perhaps sending the file to Nodens as an email attachment would work.
Maximus VII Apex
Intel i7 10700k @ 5GHZ
Custom Water Cooling
WD Black NVMe 750 500g
Seasonic Focus GX-850
Lian LI O11D XL
Dell S3220DF Monitor
ROG mouse
AE-9 Sound Blaster

Nodens
Level 16
After examining the dumpfile in the debugger I can tell you that it's a crash on directx. It's failure to read from a memory address in Video RAM.

This points to these possible culprits in order of probability:

1) Windows installation corruption (run sfc /scannow in command prompt see if it reports any errors), Graphics driver issue, faulty graphics card or PSU issue.
2) RAM issue.

Should not be overclocking related unless unstable overclock has corrupted your windows installation or your RAM is unstable (memtest it to be sure).
It could also be related to overclocking the video card if you are doing it. Lastly check for GPU temperature while you're playing the game. 🙂
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

fbm211
Level 7
I ran that win7 version of scandisk (check disc) and it reported everything fine.
My gpu temps stay below 65c under load.No OC.
Maybe my psu is not up to snuff. I am running SLI now and I do have 8 fans running.
However, all that can be easily fixed......My main concern is my graphics anomaly that is not just skyrim related..sadly.
I will do another clean win instal this afternoon. I will run memtest first though.
Thank you all so much for the help..
Maximus VII Apex
Intel i7 10700k @ 5GHZ
Custom Water Cooling
WD Black NVMe 750 500g
Seasonic Focus GX-850
Lian LI O11D XL
Dell S3220DF Monitor
ROG mouse