cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3930K on RIVE, 8x8GB Crucial Ballitix Sport RAM (PC3-12800) Overclock Settings

Fieldsweeper
Level 7
AS stated in the title, I would like to see what some of your settings are at in the BIOS, do you use the EZ-Plug since all the ram slots are taken up?

What cooling are you using for your set up?

I am using a H110

I am having a bit of trouble finding a stable OC.
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would strongly suggest that you do use the EZ plug as you have all 8 slots used.

Other folks settings will not be of much help to you, each CPU has a unique IMC and when you have the amount of ram used as you are then it is going to be trial and error to ensure the optimal settings for your system.

I am assuming that the kit is one kit and not made up for similar sticks of memory.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I am assuming that the kit is one kit and not made up for similar sticks of memory.
According to his build log, 4 kits.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
According to his build log, 4 kits.

Thanks mate - be interesting to see how this thread pans out.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Fieldsweeper
Level 7
Yes 4 kits, may return them and get a better 8x8 dimm kit. however I have zero errors or issues under stock settings, now maybe i am doing something wrong or pushing to hard but i cant seem to get prime95 running stable for more than an hour., how I have not really checked any of the BSOD debug codes to see what I need to change, BUT usually I am using basic starting points with relatively low clocks of around 4.4Ghx to 4.7gz and changing a few settings.

Fieldsweeper wrote:
Yes 4 kits, may return them and get a better 8x8 dimm kit. however I have zero errors or issues under stock settings, now maybe i am doing something wrong or pushing to hard but i cant seem to get prime95 running stable for more than an hour., how I have not really checked any of the BSOD debug codes to see what I need to change, BUT usually I am using basic starting points with relatively low clocks of around 4.4Ghx to 4.7gz and changing a few settings.

Mixing memory kits is like a random gathering of politicians. If they happen to think the same then they will get a lot done but if they have any differences they will spend the whole time fighting and wasting your money.

So it may or may not have anything to do with your memory configuration but if I was you I would try to take that out of the equation. For the purposes of overclocking drop down to one kit and try your tuning again. If suddenly things work dramatically better then you might be asking too much of your IMC, but if it still has stability issues then you either have a weak chip or you are missing something in your OC. You can always drop memory back in later once you are stable.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

kkn
Level 14
the best ting is when it comes to memory is to buy 1 kit, not several ones even you think its the same.
all in all you will get problems like you have now.

HiVizMan
Level 40
What are your memory settings that you are using? When you say stock do you mean the system defaults? Or, do you mean the XMP profile?