cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System hang

xmanrigger
Level 12
I installed BIOS update 4004. Soon after, I installed Ai Suite to check it out. Since installing Ai Suite, when Win7 is restarts, the little network icon on sys tray doesnt revolve as it usually does at start up. This lasts for about a minute, then I hear the 'devise connect' sound for two devices. PC isnt completely froze when this happens. Then all seems normal.

I uninstalled Ai Suite and it is still doing it. Ai Suite and MemTweak are the only apps installed since BIOS update. Issue didnt exist prior.

Also, I tried to get ROG Connect to work with no luck. Made thread for it here.
GUTS: ROG Strix Z490-A / i9-10850 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000mhz / WD Black 1TB M.2 - 2TB Ki...

WATER: EK Velocity Strike - CPU / EK-Quantum Vector - GPU / 2X Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 360 Radiators / XSPC Photon Rez / D5 Pump / DISTILLED WATER + Silver Coil
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah a key point has just been added to the puzzle.

Please remove AIsuite from your system. Use the uninstall tool that can be found as a sticky post here on ROG.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
This is the fan controler part of AI suite I think that causes this internet delay.....uninstalling it well, basically doesn't...and services remain...

there is a tool to run after the normal un-install to remove all trace....

http://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17726&d=1361952625

Sometimes AV program wont let this run....might have to switch AV off and then run it

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
This is the fan controler part of AI suite I think that causes this internet delay.....uninstalling it well, basically doesn't...and services remain...

there is a tool to run after the normal install to remove all trace....

http://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17726&d=1361952625

Sometimes AV program wont let this run....might have to switch AV off and then run it

Thanks Arne and HiVis.

I uninstalled AiS and rebooted in safe mode. Ran the cleaner app, and at the end, it popped up a box saying "Cant open AsIO.sys !! (2)" It then hung for a minute or two and exited.

I restart Win7 normally and all seems well. I check Services, and 'Asus Com Service' is still present. Is it there still because of MemTweakIt and ROG Connect?

Another thing I noticed. Not sure if this requires another thread, but will post.

For ****sandgiggles, I tried the 'Load Extreme OC Profile (Low Current)'. PC booted fine and seemed stable. The thing is, with the Bclk at 131mhz, I lost my LAN port. No more network connection. I had this happen on the P9X79 Deluxe also when I was overclocking using bclk frequencies above 100mhz.
GUTS: ROG Strix Z490-A / i9-10850 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000mhz / WD Black 1TB M.2 - 2TB Ki...

WATER: EK Velocity Strike - CPU / EK-Quantum Vector - GPU / 2X Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 360 Radiators / XSPC Photon Rez / D5 Pump / DISTILLED WATER + Silver Coil

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Someone else reported the AsIO.sys message the other day but said the same; that everything had uninstalled correctly,,,,

I only tried a preset OC once ...the gamer profile I think and it ran OK but then I noticed that it was throttling down to 4.3 GHz because the VRM was overheating....never really tried since...it kind of inspired me to learn how to OC manually 😮

The extreme profile is a LN2 profile if I remember right...so maybe best not to run that without keeping a eye on temps etc. the Lan problem I haven't come across seems strange...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Someone else reported the AsIO.sys message the other day but said the same; that everything had uninstalled correctly,,,,

I only tried a preset OC once ...the gamer profile I think and it ran OK but then I noticed that it was throttling down to 4.3 GHz because the VRM was overheating....never really tried since...it kind of inspired me to learn how to OC manually 😮

The extreme profile is a LN2 profile if I remember right...so maybe best not to run that without keeping a eye on temps etc. the Lan problem I haven't come across seems strange...

Wow, for a LN2 profile, it is pretty tame. I got far more aggressive than that with manual settings and water. It did peg the core voltage pretty high for only 4900mhz. It set it to 1.55. Hell, I can run 5.2GHZ with only 1.51v.

And ya, the LAN issue is kinda flaky. It isnt isolated to this board either. I had the same thing going on with a P9X79 Deluxe. It seems to be the higher blck frequencies doing it. Is it possible the memory could be doing it because of the bclk?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey xmanrigger...i thought I´d reply here so as not to derail the other thread...

xmanrigger wrote:
My question is; how can I bump the loaded voltage up a bit without bringing the idle voltage up much more?

Also, Arne. I see you are running Dominator 2133. Are you running it at 2133, and if so, what timings? Are my timings decent for 2133mhz?

Well, don't want to derail thread but I'll throw in one quick answer 😉

You could do that with LLC...set Med or High...that will give load a bit more head room and leave idle where it is?

And yes those timings look ok....my default timings are 9-11-10-30-2T...haven't had much time to tweak these yet...

The lan I assume you are talking about the onboard port not a PCIe card or something like that which would me more explainable as the PCIe bus gets OCd.....

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Hey xmanrigger...i thought I´d reply here so as not to derail the other thread...

Well, don't want to derail thread but I'll throw in one quick answer 😉

You could do that with LLC...set Med or High...that will give load a bit more head room and leave idle where it is?

And yes those timings look ok....my default timings are 9-11-10-30-2T...haven't had much time to tweak these yet...

The lan I assume you are talking about the onboard port not a PCIe card or something like that which would me more explainable as the PCIe bus gets OCd.....

Thanks Arne, appreciated. Like I said, everything I have done so far since the overclock has been solid. I have a sneaking suspicion I may need a bit more juice. I will give the LLC a go.

Yes, it was the onboard LAN I was referring to. I cant remember at which frequency it stopped working at, but your explanation makes sense. But pretty much renders the 125mhz bootstrap useless in my case. That is the only way I can get my memory above 2133mhz.

HiVizMan
Level 40
It is a know behaviour when over-clocked beyond a certain BCLK which is CPU dependant by the way.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.