cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss: Asus Doesn't Listen! Protest OS support! We Pay No SAY? BS!!!!

Arif013
Level 7
I gave Asus support an ultimatum, two weeks for Win 7 support for VX. Not linux, not some obscure software, not the crap express ware OS that they spent who knows how much on. We tell them what we want, they listen and deliver. Not, this is what we got...eat it! Dreaming about next system instead of dealing with what they are selling now. Why not make just one system? why have all these variants and only one OS WTF??? Am I Full of Crap? Let me know.
I think i am not alone. Add protest, post just ur 2 cents. France, Gremany. Yeah i was both places and others, you know what's right like everyone else...post even if it ain't in english. Rage knows no bound...THE ROG EYE is not a happy eye!!! It has stared into an LCD for WAAAAAYYYY tooo long and been strung out on redbull and soda. THE ROG EYE is ANGRY...show it! G1S, 1201N, G75VX

Companies shouldn't be afraid of the competition, they should be afraid of their customers! To paraphrase V.
61 REPLIES 61

rewben
Level 13
sorry but i don't understand what this is. can you elaborate, please?

10 different version of every laptop, new laptops have only one OS. You have to dig around for drivers ,etc. ! did you spend this much on your system for that??? Company BS? NO other support? Not coming to your house to fix your system, but at least posting clean drivers for maybe 2 other OS's. Thousands of dollars, euro's , whatever...to dig around looking for stuff that should be posted. Yeah linux too.

Arif013
Level 7
Thousands of dollars to dig around for hrs...for what??? Protest!!!

Skull6
Level 10
PLease to not drink so much Caffeinne in the future?
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

chrsplmr
Level 18
Arif013 wrote:
Am I Full of Crap?

ummm .. everyOne is entitled to their opinion goodSir!

That said.
There are many factors to consider, not the least is keeping the price down for Us.
Next is licensing agreements with Microsoft. [Remember Microsoft has moved on to Win8.1, 7 is old news for 'them'.]
Next, the model variants are just that. As per Order per Retailer .. ie BestBuy (a Major partner sort of speak in keeping
pricing Down.)
Linux ? Well there are some masters of this here .. see Zygomorphic ie.
As to Win7 support .... the vx, as I understand it is a Win8 laptop. I would'nt expect Asus to back engineer to an
'antiquated' (hahhaa) OS. We would see XP supported first .. imo .. an enthusiasts fav. OC'r's love.

There was, at the time a purchase, the option to choose a model that 'does' support Win7. ReSearch, Research.

Now that All Said, what is the issue with Win8 ? Is there something that you can't get it to do that 'we' can
help you with ?
When you say 'support', are there drivers that don't work for Win7 ? What is the issue ?

The ROG EYE is a Very Happy Eye .. imho .. and respectful. I wouldn't expect 'rage' here .. just simple,
reasoned opinions .. as you have expressed.
Asus/ROG is Not afraid of Competition .. hahahha .. in fact .. had some for breakfast again just this morning !!! hahaha

All said with All Due Respect .. and friend. Welcome to ROG.c.

Skull6 wrote:
PLease to not drink so much Caffeinne in the future?

hahahhahhahaa ...

Arif013 wrote:
10 different version of every laptop, new laptops have only one OS. You have to dig around for drivers ,etc. ! did you spend this much on your system for that??? Company BS? NO other support? Not coming to your house to fix your system, but at least posting clean drivers for maybe 2 other OS's. Thousands of dollars, euro's , whatever...to dig around looking for stuff that should be posted. Yeah linux too.

Same as I expressed above. The VX is a Win8 Laptop. ('they' probably 'can't' support it.).c.

Also if the ROG EYE look's Happy to you I suggest u lay off the Zoloft. Rage is also a metaphor for discontentment.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I kinda know how you feel there Arif013, but Asus is a company and they listen to what their customers say to a point... Look at from their perspective and trust me I'm not saying it's right or wrong but just look at it like they do for a minute. It's all about Money, if you put out Product 'A' and it sells 10,000 pieces with 8,000 no Returns and 200 complaints, then you put out Product 'B' and it sells 1000 pieces with 700 complaints which product are you going to pull? now add to this, Part Manufacturer 'A' which is a World Known part insist that you move from Part 'A' in their line to Part 'B' and gives you no option what are you going to do with your Product 'A' which sells so well will you do but use Part 'B' and if it gets another 100 to 200 complains ... So What your still selling 10,000 pieces a month. This is what's called Supply and Demand... and Asus follows it to the Letter just like every other Business out there right or wrong.

Sorry but it will take more than a couple hundred people complaining and the only way your going to get Asus to change is by making Microsoft stop making Windows 8 or force Microsoft to start offering a choice in what OEM's are allowed to buy.

Yeah ain't it great. Ticked off customers. Support peeing their pants! Yup one post at a time. it all starts small.
"Have a little Faith, Baby!" Oddball, Kelly's Hero's

Yeah and it's aganist the law to have anther user name??? right?

ViP's and moderator's , big brothers watching. Careful people this post might get ya tracked. there might be a drone over you now. lol