cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pciex16_1 it is not detected

Wacko_GR
Level 7
I have the exact same problem as brollysan, but when i insert the card in the pciex16_2, it works flawlessly, just in 8x link speed. Whenever i insert the card in pciex16_1 it is not detected. All the cables are connected properly, i tried three different cards (GTX260, GTX480 and 7870XT), all the same. Not working. I honestly do not know what to do anymore. The thing is, i just received this motherboard from rma, and the last one had the same problem. Any input would be appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

kkn
Level 14
start new tread, dont post in a tread thats started by others.

Wacko_GR
Level 7
But it's the same problem. Why start a new thread when i have exactly the same problem?

HiVizMan
Level 40
The reason is we value each member and wish to give each member an individual solution to their questions. No two sets of hardware are the same and we treat each set of hardware uniquely. So why should we treat our members as if they are all the same. 😛

This way you get personal attention. It is all good.

Now to your problem if possible see if you can get a freind to lend you a CPU that is compatible with that motherboard. It might be the CPU. I have a CPU that will not play with the first PCIe lane.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Wacko_GR
Level 7
Thank you for your reply. I will check this out and post again.

I just installed an i5 3570 and the pciex16_1 worked flawlessly in 16x. So it is indeed my cpu. What should i do now? Will the cpu work with another motherboard or is the problem universal? I guess i should check the cpu with another motherboard to find out.

HiVizMan
Level 40
That would be the best bet. Just use any board with more than one PCIe lane.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I tested the cpu on a gigabyte p67A-ud4 and it has the same problem. Only working in the second pciex16. So i guess the problem is the cpu and not the motherboard. It's the second 2700k with a problem. My first one had a problem with the imc and could not work with memory over 1600mhz. It was driving me crazy then too, because i thought it was the mobo again (Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z). Thank you very much for the advice. I am really grateful.