cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Formula Faulty...CONFIRMED!

fbm211
Level 7
After weeks of trying different settings and reinstalls and 3 clean win 7 installs I wasnt able to get rid of the graphics anomally I was getting in 3d gaming.It didnt show up in vids,movies or benchmarks,only gaming.
This morning I replaced the MVF with a big bang Z77 MPower boaed and I have perfect graphics.No anomally what-so-ever.
Wierd....Please dont flame me for getting the MSI board as it was only to troubleshoot my problem and it will be going back for my money back warranty.(30 day exchange or money back,buyers choice.)
I want a ROG board.I loved everything about the MVF,just not the graphics.
Im really not looking forward to the RMA thing as they probably wont even try to recreate what is going on with my MVF and will say it works and send it back.I hope that is not the case.I would like to have it exchanged for a new one.
Fingers crossed.
Maximus VII Apex
Intel i7 10700k @ 5GHZ
Custom Water Cooling
Patriot Viper Steel 4400 17-17-17-36-300-2t
GeForce RTX 2080 Hydro Copper
WD Black NVMe 750 500g
Seasonic Focus GX-850
Lian LI O11D XL
Dell S3220DF Monitor
Vanatoo T 0s speaker system
ROG mouse
Audio Technica ATH-AD 2000x headphones
AE-9 Sound Blaster
5 REPLIES 5

chrsplmr
Level 18
Sorry to hear this.
Worry not of flames .. for any reason Here .. even if you did test with a ~choke~ mmMsi board. hahhahaa
Actually that was quick think'n .. and done.

Now .. get your RMA # and PM @cl-Albert to have him get eyes on it a.s.a.p.
To be honest and straight up with you though .. chances are slim to none that it will be New.~sigh~but ...
There is always an off chance that it might be .. if they can't repair yours they send a ~shudder~ refurb.

Now before your knee jerks up and busts your nose .. lol .. in my view they are better than new ..
The one you took out of the box that Won't work was New.
This means the refurb was on the tech's bench and is 100% certified to be running in spec.

Either way .. I hope the experience ends in great Joy .. and that starts by getting @cl-Albert involved.
Please keep us posted on the progress ..
Let the Adventure called RMA begin. [and end quickly / joyfully].c.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, that's a whole lot of patient troubleshooting you have done over a good while fbm211. OK so at least you know what the problem is....which is half way to a solution....hope ASUS see you right in a speedy manner!

Make a quick video on your phone of the problem and lack of it on the M...*cough* on the MS....*cough*....on the other board maybe..

And take some pics of the board before you send it back....general shot, shot of socket as close as you can get and shot of socket covered with plastic protector.....just in case buddy...and serial number too...

HiVizMan
Level 40
Mate you did what you had to do. And I have a Mpower board here at home too so no worries. 🙂 Quite liked messing around with it. My first choice is still the MVF board for gaming mind you.

Good luck with the next Asus Mobo
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

fbm211
Level 7
I dont really like the mpower bios...at all.I cant seem to figure out how to OC.
Maximus VII Apex
Intel i7 10700k @ 5GHZ
Custom Water Cooling
Patriot Viper Steel 4400 17-17-17-36-300-2t
GeForce RTX 2080 Hydro Copper
WD Black NVMe 750 500g
Seasonic Focus GX-850
Lian LI O11D XL
Dell S3220DF Monitor
Vanatoo T 0s speaker system
ROG mouse
Audio Technica ATH-AD 2000x headphones
AE-9 Sound Blaster

HiVizMan
Level 40
Never opened it sadly. Just have one.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.