cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus maximus v formula Q error codes please someone help me

7erruko
Level 7
I just built my first pc and have encountered too many problems with this motherboard, I've spent almost 3k buying stuff and now I'm about to give up, I've spent 2 days trying to fix this issue with no results, I don't know what to do anymore, someone please help me I beg you. Before I start I have to say that I currently have no SSD, HDD, or OS, I just built it to see if all parts are working. So after bulding it I was getting B4, now every time I connect the optical drive I get AE and a black screen saying something about the boot device, when I unplug everythig except
for the gpu, fans and cooler (H100i) I get the error D7. Please someone help me.

My specs are

i7 3770k
1 GTX 680
H100i
16GB RAM G SKILL 1600mhz

What can be causing all this problems? please I'll even pay you if you help me fix this please...
19 REPLIES 19

7erruko
Level 7
Also, when I reset the CMOS and connect the optical drive it doesn't give me the AE anymore, but as soon as I press the F1 and go in bios and restart the error comes back again.

Grnfinger
Level 8
Wow sounds like the board I had...

I had to unplug everything to get the board to boot. Once in to bios I could disable fans speed monitoring and this removed the AE code.

Test your ram with memtest ... test one stick at a time
What PSU are you using? and is the 8 pin power connected to the board?
4770K@4500mhZ
Asus Maximus VI Hero
2x Sapphire Tahiti core 7870 Crossfire @ 1150/1500
8GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz
Intel 520 SSD - 2x1TB Raid0 - 2TB WD Green
Corsair AX860i
Cosmos S Custom
H20 Cooling

HiVizMan
Level 40
Lets recap.

You get into BIOS no problem.
Your system displays on screen.

Right so far.

Ok all is good, wait until you have a hard drive and then install OS.

If you want to play with your ram now you can, do the full memtest86+ test as per the guide in my sig.

Enjoy
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I need someone to please explain to me, I think I'll just return all my parts because this is getting tiring, 2 days straight and nothing. Maybe I can get atleast a third of what I spent on this, I can get to the bios when my optical drive is not connected, I get the AE error when my optical drive is connected and it doesn't let me go to the bios. When I unplug the optical drive I can get to the bios but get error A2 in the red led on the motherboard. Should I return all my parts, my warranty ends in 19 days and if it doesn't work I'll waste 3k on nothing, please someone help.

Chino
Level 15
1. Remove everything from your motherboard.
2. Put it on the box that it came in.
3. Remove the CMOS battery for 5 minutes.
4. Put it back into place.
5. Install your CPU and its stock heatsink.
6. Install one stick of RAM into the DIMM_A2 slot.
7. Connect the 24 pin and 8 pin power cables.
8. Connect your monitor/TV to the onboard video output.
9. Power up your system using the Start button.

Now, tell me. What do you see on your screen? Are there any QCODEs on the DEBUG LED? Last but not least, look beside the 24 pin power connector for 4 QLEDs. Do any of them stay lit?

I dont't have any thermal paste, but I have a LED under the 24 pin connector "Boot device LED" but when I disconnect everything and just have the main things I get the error D7

So now I connected the optical drive and the AE error appeared, on the screen it shows a message saying "Reboot and select proper boot device, or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key_"

7erruko wrote:
I dont't have any thermal paste, but I have a LED under the 24 pin connector "Boot device LED" but when I disconnect everything and just have the main things I get the error D7

It's a normal behaviour since the motherboard isn't detecting any drives to boot from. Mainly dued to you not having a SSD/HDD yet.

7erruko wrote:
Now everything is connected, except the optical drive and I'm getting error A2. Can go to the BIOS, and everything seems to working.

All is good.

7erruko wrote:
So now I connected the optical drive and the AE error appeared, on the screen it shows a message saying "Reboot and select proper boot device, or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key_"

Same as number one. You don't have a SSD/HDD with an OS installed yet.

In conclusion, your system is working as it should.

So A2 is alright is I don't have an OS and a HDD/SSD? how about when I connect the optical drive? it gives me error AE, is that normal since I don't have an OS or HDD? right now I have everything connected except the optical drive and I'm on the BIOS with the LED error A2, fans are spinning, and everything looks good. I tried installing the memtest but it doesn't let me, can you please direct me to the right version I have to install? I'am now on the BIOS with the error B4 I think it appeared there when I connected the USB, a few minutes ago I connected the USB to the back of the case and got AE without having the optical drive connected.