cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the newer NVidia drivers allow you to overclock over +150Mhz? [G75VW 660m]

WarhNeeks
Level 7
Hi guys,

It's been a while since the last time that I updated my gpu drivers of my 660m, and I heard that some drivers don't allow you to OC over +150. Is it still true?

Now I am OCing forcing the p-states, with a stable 1200MHz, and it does make a huge difference.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

dctokyo2
Level 10
GIYF: Google Is Your friend!

If Google's everyone's friend, why the fudge would people post in this forum ?!
WarhNeeks, no it is not possible yet.

ggBanks
Level 10
If Google's everyone's friend, why the fudge would people post in this forum ?!

HulkSmash
Level 8
WarhNecks, yes it is. I'm currently running on 320.14 @ 1200 on my GTX 660m...And I was the first person to post about 320.00 drivers and test them, confirming that those allow you to OC by forcing PStates as well..

ggBanks
Level 10
I think he was asking if we can overclock without forcing P-states.

HulkSmash
Level 8
Oh, I thought he was reffering to the fact that the drivers between 310.19 and 320.00 wouldn't let you go over 150+ on core, even by forcing PStates. Sorry if I misinterpreted :P. If not, again, 320.00 or higher does allow you to use the Pstate method...

WarhNeeks wrote:
Hi guys,

It's been a while since the last time that I updated my gpu drivers of my 660m, and I heard that some drivers don't allow you to OC over +150. Is it still true?

Now I am OCing forcing the p-states, with a stable 1200MHz, and it does make a huge difference.

Thanks

HulkSmash wrote:
Oh, I thought he was reffering to the fact that the drivers between 310.19 and 320.00 wouldn't let you go over 150+ on core, even by forcing PStates. Sorry if I misinterpreted :P. If not, again, 320.00 or higher does allow you to use the Pstate method...

Yup latest [non-Beta] Nvidia drivers do not allow force P-states to go over 1085mhz core on 660M. Memory can be pushed as much as you want though...

Edit: @HulkSmash Interesting! I will try and download beta 320.00+ to see if I can have sweet P-State goodness back again!

Sorry guys, I should have explained it better. I want to keep using the Pstates method, and I know that some of the newer drivers don''t allow us to use it.

Thanks HulkSmash for the answer, I'll try the 320.14!

WarhNeeks wrote:
Sorry guys, I should have explained it better. I want to keep using the Pstates method, and I know that some of the newer drivers don''t allow us to use it.

Thanks HulkSmash for the answer, I'll try the 320.14!

YESS IT WORKS! Yay, back to P-State goodness! Thanks HulkSmash...