cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: Max Gene V & Windows 8: Finding new hardware notification going off

Qwik
Level 7
I have a new system that uses the Asus Max Gene V board and I have Windows 8 on it. Every once in a while the 'find new hardware' or 'hardware disconnected' noise built into Windows 8 will randomly go off. Some times it happens a lot, some times only every other 5 minutes or so. Has anyone experienced this at all and know of a fix?

From reading forums it seems like it could be a USB issue (globally) but I've installed the latest USB drivers that I know of.

Any help would be appreciated!
10 REPLIES 10

HiVizMan
Level 40
What USB devices do you have connected. I get that from time to time with my external storage device.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Qwik
Level 7
I have a Logitech webcam, Dell monitor (U3014), mouse (Logitech G9) and wireless keyboard (MS Sculpt KB) plugged into USB. I've taken them all off one by one and the noise still happens. 😞

HiVizMan
Level 40
Do you have any of the Dell monitor USB ports connected to your system?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Yeah, right now I have the webcam connected to the back of the Dell.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
If you're using USB 3, try using USB 2 only.

roisugoi
Level 7
Same here, anyone can help? Maximus V Gene.

roisugoi
Level 7
Hi again, I solved it. Installed Intel Chipset and the Intel LAN driver: Inte_LAN_V17300_XPWin7_8.zip available at Asus mobo support. Hope it helps.

roisugoi
Level 7
Happened again, but now it's completely OK after installing: Chipset, LAN, Realtek and Soundblaster X-fi.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Wonder if you need to keep installing those drivers because Windows update is the issue and constantly tries to update the drivers to ones it deems as being newer or better. I have had this problem heaps of times.