cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop ignoring hd 7970 black screen crashes!

Meowws
Level 7
I HAVE ENOUGH OF IDIOTIC FORUM COMMENTS AND TECHNICIAN THAT FAILS TO SEE THE SEVERITY OF HD 7970 BLACK SCREEN CRASHES!!

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, THOSE THAT PURCHASE HIGH END GRAPHICS CARDS ARE TECHNICIAN/EXPERTS THEMSELVES, SO STOPPED ASKING DUMB FOUNDED QUESTIONS LIKE:

1) Did you overclock the card? Too High Right
2) Did you format your PC and reinstall? Did you do a clean installation?
3) Did your System setup have compatible hardware?
4) Enough power? Whats your system setup? What drivers you use?

Problem: I HAD RMA my freaking ASUS DIRECT CU II HD 7970TOP CARD FOR 3 TIMES IN A ROW!!! AND IT STILL DOES NOT FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM! I EVEN WASTE MONEY TO GET ADDITIONAL, RAMS, MOTHERBOARDS, PSU AND CABLES THANKS TO YOU ALL!!

Problem Identification: Black screen crash, Sometimes with grey/white stripes. Often with audio stuttering at the background! Ctrl+Alt+Del will not work! Pressing Restard from your PC sometimes will not output display! Sometimes Your Graphic card fan will stop spinning and sometimes at full speed!

My Findings:
After intensive testing, I found out that the reason of the black screen crashes is due to the default hard coded overclock done by Asus !! If you reduce the default overclock frequency from 1Ghz to below 900Mhz, It will not have black screen! Underclocking my card just give me a sense of dog POO value!

How to replicate black screen: Technicians, stop running stupid benchmark test, you won't be able to pin point it!!! To replicate that issue, do the following:

0) Get the Latest AMD Catalyst driver! Try 13.4 or 13.5! If you used Asus outdated dafault 12.1 drivers, it minimizes the black screen crash!!
1) Run Prime 95 for 5 minutes. Then stop it and let it idle for 10-15 seconds, then do basic task such as internet browsing!
2) Play a game for 1-3 hours. Then restart your PC and play the game again, the black screen will kick in!
3) If you still didn't see the damn black screen crash. Shut down your PC completely and turn it back on and play a game!
4) The Black screen problem will not arise during the 1st week of burn in!! Test for 1 month for God Sack!!

Stop being ignorant and Google search your customer problem!!! Everybody have enough of it!

IS NOT OUR HARDWARE, IS NOT OUR POWER, IS NOT OUR OVERCLOCK! IS YOUR DAMN DESIGN FLAWS ! FIX IT!!!
14 REPLIES 14

Zka17
Level 16
Meowws, I've seen couple of your recent posts on the Forum... I do understand your frustration, but I don't think that you choose the right approach for solving your problem... - you know, it's a basic human instinct to answer in a manner as the question was formulated...

May I suggest you to take a deep breath and couple steps back - and start from the beginning...

Please, list the full details of your system and let's see if this community can help you... don't forget, although this Forum is managed by Asus, most of the members are simply customers like you... - so, perhaps you will get some questions you already answered to the Asus tech support, but just answer them here again (we really don't know the details)...

And again, just be calm and polite, don't throw your frustration on the people who want to help you...

Praz
Level 13
The above advice by Zka17 is well worth considering.

Praz wrote:
The above advice by Zka17 is well worth considering.

Please calm down. Yelling (YELLING) constantly on forums is annoying to everyone who is reading, and especially to those who are trying to help. Sometimes people who first come across a thread (such as me, though not in this case) aren't the ones who have all the technical expertise to answer the question, but still leave a quick comment to let the poster know that the thread is not forgotten about. The OP in this thread is not conducive to letting the responders know that their help will be appreciated. Also, it doesn't look professional.

As others have mentioned, the number of ASUS employees who frequent this website (or admit to it) is quite small. I only know of a handful, most of the moderators and senior members are simply private people who own and love their ASUS hardware, and are on the forums to do a good deed and try to help someone else fix their hardware.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

map01ch
Level 7
Hey, I guess they must trying to find out a solution for you.
That does not mean they are ignoring the message. Trust me~
Do me a favor, please list down you gear's spec with BIOS version like what Zak17 said.
I am sure they will get back to you asap. I will in touch with my resource for you, ok?

map01ch
Level 7
Hey Meowws, can you please provide me or PM me the RMA numbers? My resource wants to know the historical RMA status and find out the problem.

RMA Service No: MYB4350147 Please, please, don't be spoon deeded, trace from my latest number!

Hey Meowws, I will ask them to check it for you.
Will keep you updated soon.
Meowws wrote:
RMA Service No: MYB4350147 Please, please, don't be spoon deeded, trace from my latest number!

Skull6
Level 10
1. For the record, I personally tend to skim over posts here with statements in all caps & profanity.

2. For the record, while there is a plethora of intelligent folk who know much in regards to hardware & software troubleshooting here, this is not the ASUS Support site.

3. I am merely a student of life. 😉
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

Skull6 wrote:
2. For the record, while there is a plethora of intelligent folk who know much in regards to hardware & software troubleshooting here, this is not the ASUS Support site.

Sorry, Skull6, but THIS IS THE REAL ASUS SUPPORT SITE!!! I mean, the ROG Forums... :cool: