Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array Gunny5821's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Cool Difference between G75VX-TS72 & G75VX-DS72??

    I am looking into buying the G75VX-TS72 or the G75VX-DS72, but I cannot find out what the difference is between these two units besides the price tag.. When I check the Specs on them they are the exact same and the pictures are the same as well.. So why the different model number..

    Can someone help me out here and explain the differences.. I am buying this unit to game, so which unit would be better for gaming??

    Thanks!
    Last edited by Gunny5821; 06-26-2013 at 07:38 AM.
    Semper Fidelis (USMC Motto = Always Faithful),


    Gunny5821
    USMC Retired

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    HP Envy 17-2070
    HP Envy 17-3290 (3D)
    Asus G75VX-TS72

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Reputation
    25
    Posts
    129

    G75VX-DS72 has a 256GB SSD plus a 750GB 7200RPM HDD

    G75VX-TS72 has only a 750GB 7200RPM HDD
    G752VY-DH72

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array Gunny5821's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicmango View Post
    G75VX-DS72 has a 256GB SSD plus a 750GB 7200RPM HDD

    G75VX-TS72 has only a 750GB 7200RPM HDD
    WOW, so that's it.. THANKS! So would you recommend this laptop for gaming?? I have never had an Asus product although I have read about them, however, after posting this thread, I started scouting the forum postings and noted a lot of issues relating to the G75VX model.. Is the TS72 prone to these same problems? Would you guys recommend this unit after having a G75VX model for awhile, or would you opt to buy something else?? What else would you recommend??

    Thanks!
    Last edited by Gunny5821; 06-26-2013 at 07:38 AM.
    Semper Fidelis (USMC Motto = Always Faithful),


    Gunny5821
    USMC Retired

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    HP Envy 17-2070
    HP Envy 17-3290 (3D)
    Asus G75VX-TS72

  4. #4
    ASUS Reseller Array Shawnnepc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    128
    Posts
    886

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny5821 View Post
    WOW, so that's it.. THANKS! So would you recommend this laptop for gaming?? I have never had an Asus product although I have read about them, however, after posting this thread, I started scouting the forum postings and noted a lot of issues relating to the G75VX model.. Is the TS72 prone to these same problems? Would you guys recommend this unit after having a G75VX model for awhile, or would you opt to buy something else?? What else would you recommend??

    Thanks!

    Gunny5821
    You have to remember since this is also a support forum, it's expected to see a large number of postings related to the products sold. The number of units with defects and errors is significantly smaller than the number of units sold.

    What are you looking to do with your laptop?

    Are you looking for something for light gaming on the go, or are you looking for a desktop replacement?
    USA ASUS Reseller
    http://www.neteffectspc.com

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array Gunny5821's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnnepc View Post
    You have to remember since this is also a support forum, it's expected to see a large number of postings related to the products sold. The number of units with defects and errors is significantly smaller than the number of units sold.

    What are you looking to do with your laptop?

    Are you looking for something for light gaming on the go, or are you looking for a desktop replacement?
    I am looking for a desktop replacement / gaming power house.. I want to have the ability to play the latest games at the max settings.. 3D is not a requirement, so the G75VX-TS72 is the perfect fit.. The only thing I am debating is whether or not I should just wait for the Haswell upgrades to come out or not. The laptops I am considering in addition to this unit are the following:
    G75VW-TS72 (NVIDIA 670MX) Is there a big difference between these two GPU's??
    G75VW-DH72 (NVIDIA 670M) " " " " " " " " " " "
    Alienware M18X R4 & M17X R4
    Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7390 (3D)
    Samsung Series 7 Gamer
    HP Envy 17-3290 (3D)

    Thanks!
    Last edited by Gunny5821; 06-26-2013 at 07:39 AM.
    Semper Fidelis (USMC Motto = Always Faithful),


    Gunny5821
    USMC Retired

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    HP Envy 17-2070
    HP Envy 17-3290 (3D)
    Asus G75VX-TS72

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    105
    Posts
    4,126

    Well for a gaming power house NB, I see you have not considered any of the Sager models?
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    220

    I would recommend the G75VX to anyone looking for a desktop replacement.

    So far I had so many hours of fun with this laptop, it can handle everything I throw at it so far
    If you combine it with MSI Afterburner (overlocking) for games like BF3, Crysis3 etc. it really shines!

    I love my G75VX
    The King of the north!

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny5821 View Post
    The only thing I am debating is whether or not I should just wait for the Haswell upgrades to come out
    So far, only the graphics changes are really worthwhile waiting for. Haswell will provide Discrete GPU-like gaming performance as well as the much lower TDP, which means that tablets and laptops that run on Intel Haswell in the future can run demanding games on acceptable settings without a seperate GPU. In Layman's terms, if you plan on gaming on battery/do not want to use the discrete GPU and want longer battery life, the Haswell architecture will definitely suit your needs. That's not to say that a discrete GPU will be considered unnecessary and even useless for casual and dedicated gamers alike - it just means that in situations where battery life is more important than performance, the trade-off is now much less prominent with the introduction of Haswell.
    Last edited by KAZiBA; 05-23-2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Some minor corrections

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array Gunny5821's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Thanks for all of the prompt postings.. I understand the G75VW is the recommended unit, but as you all know, that line offers a lot of different models.. So in that vein, which one of these would you recommend and why:
    G75VW-TS72 (NVIDIA 670MX) Is there a big difference between these two GPU's??
    G75VW-DH72 (NVIDIA 670M) " " " " " " " " " " "

    Thanks!
    Last edited by Gunny5821; 06-26-2013 at 07:40 AM.
    Semper Fidelis (USMC Motto = Always Faithful),


    Gunny5821
    USMC Retired

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    HP Envy 17-2070
    HP Envy 17-3290 (3D)
    Asus G75VX-TS72

  10. #10
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny5821 View Post
    Thanks for all of the prompt postings.. I understand the G75VW is the recommended unit, but as you all know, that line offers a lot of different models.. So in that vein, which one of these would you recommend and why:
    G75VW-TS72 (NVIDIA 670MX) Is there a big difference between these two GPU's??
    G75VW-DH72 (NVIDIA 670M) " " " " " " " " " " "

    Thanks!

    Gunny5821
    The 670MX will be the better chip, as it is Kepler-based whereas the 670M is not (Fermi). The Kepler architecture will allow for more efficient overclocking and less heat production, as well as a smaller nanomenter value (28 nm vs Fermi's 40 nm).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •