Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Hi a7omic and thanks for this info

I own a non TOP version and, flash my version with TOP firmware for better performance. To flash it with the GOP Vbios I had to revert back the bios to the factory one, but then I loose performance
    Is there a way you can upload and share the bios of your TOP version please ? I would like to flash my non top version to the TOP one, with UEFI GOP capabilities please ?

EDIT : you can find the downloaded ROM in the folder where the flashtool .exe is

Quote Originally Posted by Eliott View Post
    Hi a7omic and thanks for this info

I own a non TOP version and, flash my version with TOP firmware for better performance. To flash it with the GOP Vbios I had to revert back the bios to the factory one, but then I loose performance
    Is there a way you can upload and share the bios of your TOP version please ? I would like to flash my non top version to the TOP one, with UEFI GOP capabilities please ?

EDIT : you can find the downloaded ROM in the folder where the flashtool .exe is
    Right now I'm at work, but when I get home, I will respond to the message you sent me.

ROG Member Array

And ... it works just fine !
    Thanks for your help mate

ROG Member Array

Can anyone share a GTX660TI Bios (Uefi version) preferable the DC2T(op) version but all others will also be fine!

Asus : You suck with this! I match all criteria but the tool only verifies if its an asus mainboard and if not it's GOTO END.
    It's a bit ridiculous finding a random person to go to and open his computer to flash my vga card don't you agree ?

What factors do you need to get Win 8 Fast Boot running?
    Only these motherboards listed below support Win 8 Fast Boot, due to a major, ground-up re-write to make the UEFI spec compatible with the Win function (this doesn't just affect ASUS motherboards FYI).

- All Intel 7 Series- Upcoming Intel 8 Series
    - Intel X79 Series updated to Win8 BIOS (3xxx)
    You will need:

Windows 8
    UEFI compatible motherboard
    GTX 600 or Radeon 7000 series graphics card
    NOT OVERCLOCKED SYSTEM - DON'T RISK IT! Take normal BIOS flashing precautions.

ROG Member Array

Let's everyone who already updated it's vbios UEFI, upload ROM files to http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/ and let's this ridiculous crap over. I'm not a child who don't know what he's doing and shouldn't be treated such a way !

Anyone be nice enough to upload for me Asus GTX670 DCII TOP VBIOS uefi ROM ?

Thanx
    Last edited by apatch; 05-25-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Quote Originally Posted by The Veterant View Post
    Well sadly my experience with this tool is all F...... up. I had Windows 8 install, install this marvelous tool ran the round time check it mark my MB with a green asterisk then it stay for almost 20 min. detecting my card finally a message can up saying server didn't detected card. and when I decide to shut down and tray the other card, problem raised couldn't get to my windows not even with the card that I didn't flash. change bios chip cause I have a spare one and no glory, finally I realize that neither of my card are not recoqinize by the PCI-e slots. In other words I install any card in the PCI-e slot and when I go to BIOS it don't show no card been install not even the one that I didn't touch. I think this tool mess up my MB PCI-e bus some how. I have done clear the CMOS by taking off the battery and leaving it out for 15min., change Bios chip, reaseting the bios by different ways and no glory. Now I going to find me a 20lbs sledgehammer and see if I can FIX this board, then send it back to ASUS for a RMA
    This tool has nothing to do with the PCIe bus. What you are saying is technically impossible. What seems to have happened is that your firmware on the card is corrupted. Did you try to flash your cards while overclocking?

Anyhow you can only try one thing to recover from this, find a working card, install it on the first slot and install one of your bricked cards on another. Boot and try reflashing the bricked card. You may have to use nvflash to flash the original firmware in order to restore it.
    If the tools don't see the bricked card even in this way or you you're unable to follow this procedure for any reason, you'll have to RMA the cards.
    Last edited by Nodens; 05-25-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by df1ech View Post
    Can anyone share a GTX660TI Bios (Uefi version) preferable the DC2T(op) version but all others will also be fine!

Asus : You suck with this! I match all criteria but the tool only verifies if its an asus mainboard and if not it's GOTO END.
    It's a bit ridiculous finding a random person to go to and open his computer to flash my vga card don't you agree ?

What factors do you need to get Win 8 Fast Boot running?
    Only these motherboards listed below support Win 8 Fast Boot, due to a major, ground-up re-write to make the UEFI spec compatible with the Win function (this doesn't just affect ASUS motherboards FYI).

- All Intel 7 Series- Upcoming Intel 8 Series
    - Intel X79 Series updated to Win8 BIOS (3xxx)
    I believe that 99% of users share what you said !
    All think so!
    Asus, if you're knock once ...
    It would be nice if asus did hear an official statement !
    At least know what we have to die ....
    pikka68

Quote Originally Posted by Eliott View Post
    And ... it works just fine !
    Thanks for your help mate
    Anytime! I'm glad it works for you.

ROG Enthusiast Array Karl-Johan PC Specs
    Karl-Johan PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X399-E GAMING
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X @ 4,0GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL14 Flare X @ 3466MHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB DUAL OC
    Sound CardDenon PMA-60 Amp
    MonitorBenq BL3201PT
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerFractal Design Celsius S36 360mm
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova G3 850W
    Keyboard Logitech Craft
    Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
    Mouse Pad Logitech
    Headset/Speakers Dali Mentor Menuet SE 2.0
    OS Windows 10 Pro Workstation x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AX88U Merlin FW
    Accessory #1 Qnap TVS-672XT 6x14TB
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-671 6x10TB
    Accessory #3 Canon Pixma iP8750

SERIOUSLY! Has Asus done ANY kind of testing before releasing this app. What a piece of crap! No action here using 690 and RIVE.

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

If you have issues, please describe exactly what you have done/tried and what exactly is happening (including error codes etc etc).
    Saying "It doesn't work" is like saying nothing at all. It doesn't provide any information for ASUS R&D to locate and fix issues and does also not allow the rest of us to help you with possible user mistakes.

Regarding running it on non-ASUS motherboards it was already stated that ASUS can not guarantee that it works with any of them as they can not test them all, in all configurations. The application should check ONLY if the board is verified by ASUS to be compatible.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast