Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

My Asus 7870 is a "Pitcairn" version of HD 7000 series and what i'm reading is the "Tahiti" version of HD 7000 are the ones who hhave the UEFI vbios or can be updated to a UEFI vbios, i hope asus will consider on making UEFI vbios for "Pitcairn" HD 7000 series.. So we can have the benefit of having a Ultra Quick Boot too..

New ROGer Array

MSI 7870 OC edition pitcairn already has UEFI GOP vbios

I stumble in MSI forum and found out that they already have their 7870 OC edition pitcairn version UEFI GOP bios, i was wondering if i flash my Asus 7870 to their UEFI GOP bios but im scared of bricking my video card.. It's not that i could not afford a new one incase i brick it i just dont want to brick a perfectly working vga card.. Hehe! But im sure they look very same, and spec even the available ports on the VGA card. Does anyone tried to flash a vga bios in other brand and get a success?

New ROGer Array

Unhappy Help (mb not supported error)

I get the error : "MB doesn't support UEFI". I have a sabtertooth 990FX gen R2.0 with the latest UEFI Bios already Installed. Why am I getting this error? My video card is The HD7970 DurectCU 2. The system is not overclocked at all.
    Last edited by JoJoCutie6; 06-17-2013 at 10:17 PM.

New ROGer Array

Ok I got that fixed. However I get on error on Graphics Card "Download VBIOS Failure". I been trying over & over. Are the serves down? I was on wireless think it was a wireless network issues so I tried hard wire with same results.
    Last edited by JoJoCutie6; 06-17-2013 at 11:48 PM.

New ROGer Array

Just contacted with Asus support through live chat.They told me the only way to upgrade my video card bios is to buy a new motherboard from their latest Asus series cause ASRock or any other brand is not supported.In my opinion this is a very-very bad Asus tactic to sell more motherboards.Guess from now on we all have to be more carefull in our future choices about Asus products.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by snowsak View Post
    ASRock or any other brand is not supported.
    Stated in the first post of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallR@ASUS View Post
    * We are only able to qualify its use ASUS motherboards: that includes those with UEFI BIOS' and those with older legacy BIOS' (we've checked on boards up to ~4 years ago). Other motherboards might work with our UEFI graphics cards but we cannot officially endorse compatibility as we don't have access to all BIOS and board revisions. The software checks if your motherboard is compatible.!

New ROGer Array

I think im out of warranty with my graphic card.Can i get a bios and test it in my responsibility?

New ROGer Array

Hi to all. New to the forum.

Just received last week my new graphics card which is an Asus HD7770-2GD5 and have successfully installed it on the home built PC which is based on an Intel DH77KC motherboard. I have tried to update the VBIOS in the HD7770-2GD5 to the UEFI GOP BIOS using the Asus tool, but just as others here, I got the message that the motherboard in not UEFI, and the tool then halts. I think the message really means that the motherboard in not Asus and therefore not tested.

I have emailed Asus support for some help with the UEFI GOP BIIOS upgrade, but they replied that none of their graphic cards are UEFI, which is clearly not the case.

Has anyone found a way to work around the motherboard check that the tool performs? If there is a way I would like to give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

Mike M.

New ROGer Array

Unfortunately this is not possible, I attributed my graphics card to my brother because he has a motherboard Asus, only if the program has to update the BIOS of my card. Not very good marketing move - if you want to update the BIOS graphics card you have to buy and our motherboard nikago updates vbios so.

Stupid question but...will this work if on non-Asus 7970's?
    Asus Maximus VI Hero (0224) • Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz HT (1.25v) • AMD HD7970 @ 1150MHz (1.17v)
    16GB G.Skill Trident X@ 2400MHz (10-12-12-31) • Sony 55" LED EX620
    Corsair Obsidian 650D • Corsair Gold AX750w • Intel 520 (120GBx2 Raid)0) [Win 8 Pro]

XSPC RS240 -> EK XTC140 -> EK Supreme HT -> EK-FC7970 -> XSPC750

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast