cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53s faulty HDMI port?

Retired
Not applicable
I have a brand new Asus G53SW notebook and when i connect it to my new toshiba 32ft2u television the computer does not recognize the tv, and the tv shows the message 'no signal'.

-Yes, i am on the proper input/resolution.

-After some research i have confirmed both devices are HDCP Compliant.

-I have already used different hdmi cables, and both ports on the tv.

-I noticed that there is no HDMI device listed under display drivers under device manager. Additionally hdmi audio is not listed under audio devices, and no hdmi options are present in the Nvidia control panel. This may be normal however, none of the other functioning ports on the computer with the exception of usb are displayed in the device manager, and the hdmi options in Nvidia's control panel may only be present after a successful HDCP handshake.

-Nvidia drivers are as up to date as possible (i discovered u can only use drivers from asus, which is a ways behind the current version.)

-windows7-64bit is fully up to date.

-the 'Rigorous display detection' option in the nvidia control panel does nothing. 'Force television detection' is grayed out and not usable.

-going through the 'detect' option in windows allows you to force a display but i can only choose VGA for output.

-I checked BIOS, and there are no HDMI options.

So that's everything, I'm out of ideas and afraid the port may in fact be faulty, this presents an issue as i need the notebook for school in addition to gaming and the semester is about to begin. Anyone else got any other ideas? Do you see HDMI in your display adapter list in device manager? Anyone experiencing a similar issue?

I can't RMA the thing for a while, so any leads to help me troubleshoot are appreciated, cause i have lots of time on my hands, and am very frustrated.
6 REPLIES 6

xeromist
What happens when you use the function key to change displays, anything?

Also, I don't suppose you know anyone else with an HDMI display?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
The function keys change nothing, no output doing windows-key+P either.

...And unfortunately no, i just moved across country for law school, i literally don't know anyone.

xeromist
I don't know how that should look in the system control panels. 😞 Maybe another owner can clue you in.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Bump. Anyone have any ideas?

Chastity
Level 10
I've seen others with problems with that model and some others. The solution was to update the firmware on the TV.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
No firmware update exists yet, i guess i will have to keep my eyes pealed. thanks.