ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array fbm211's Avatar

Out with the new/In with the old.

I am watching and will wait a few weeks to jump into the Z87 realm because I can see that the newer boards are a bit overpriced right now.The board I was considering is at 400.00 currently and I think that is for the latest greatest people and I believe it will drop after a few weeks. I hope.
    I may just stick with my 3770k since its a decent bin that can do 4.6 @ 1.2v. Ill just need to get another Z77 mobo.I saw on some recent reviews of some people getting quite high temps on the 4770k when OCed at the same clock and voltage as thier 3770k. Like 15-20c higher. Seems delidding will continue. Thanks intel,for using the cheap tim,,,again.
    So today I will disassemble my rig and return the mpower board for a refund.Its works quite well but I got it as a temporary replacement anyway so back it goes.And I will put the PS back into the lynnfield system and use it again for a while.
    Where are the ROG Z87 boards by the way.I will admit I am a little hesitant about getting a MVIF and am taking a hard look at the Sniper 5 board that has some very interesting onboard sound features like the fact it is using a creative chip instead of realtek and you can also replace the opamps to suit your taste.But I would like to get some detailed specs on the maximus VI board.
    Anyway time will tell if the new chips are going to hot running compared to the 3770ks or not.Its probably just the initial release but damn those new boards are expensive!
    G1 Sniper 3
    Intel i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz
    Custom Water Cooling
    Gskill Trident X 2400 mhz-CL 9 @ 2450
    GeForce RTX 2080 Hydro Copper
    VelociRaptor II 150
    XFX 850 Black Edition PSU
    Cooler Master HAF X
    Asus TUF VG27AQ monitor
    Vanatoo T 0s speaker system
    ROG mouse
    Audio Technica ATH-AD 2000x headphones

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

I'm guessing the reason we have seen none of the ROG Z87 boards is probably because they are still under NDA until whenever they are officially announced, most likely @ Computex this week