cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW: Problems with Resolution Flicker and Built In Mic

Prepostersauce
Level 7
I love my laptop but it is really enjoying making things difficult for me.

1) Since I got the lap top 3 months ago it has resolution problems when I run certain programs. I first noticed it when I tried to run Netflix and it flashed through about 5 or 6 different resolutions until it settled back at the original and told me I couldn't use Netflix. Since then when I go to update drivers or install games my screen will flash black, new res, black, new res about 6 or 7 times (sometimes for about 30 seconds). I have updated my GPU drivers as well as everything else I can find for this laptop and am still having problems. Help!

2) The built in mike makes it sound like I am gargling coins. I saw this on another thread but the question was never answered so I am bringing it back up: is there a solution to this problem? I can't hear the distortion when I test the sound on my own computer but if I listen to myself on my friend's skype through his headphones it sounds terrible. They only let me skype now if my mic is turned off =(. Help!
2 REPLIES 2

Pitcher1
Level 9
you changae new driver from asus support site? if yes and not help, please send back service center to check.

dstrakele
Level 14
I recommend booting up a Linux "LiveCD" distribution. It will detect your video and microphone devices and install Linux drivers. Since it runs directly off a CD or USB flash drive, you need not make any changes to your Windows installation.

If the symptoms you report in your OP persist under the new Linux OS, it is likely they are caused by hardware problems and you'll need to RMA your laptop to get them repaired.

If the problems disappear under Linux, a good, clean Windows installation (or the less appealing ASUS Factory Recovery) might be all that's needed. Alternatively, some driver cleanup with CCleaner may allow you to skip a complete Windows installation.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT