cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My G75VW wont turn on for the 2nd time...

parasurfer1979
Level 7
Ok a few months ago my computer started smelling like it was burning up. Asus had it shipped back to them. The computer would not cut on. After a few days before I shipped it back to them, the computer cut back on and ran normally however that said the back lit keyboard wouldn't work so I shipped it back. Last week which is 3mo since I got it back, I was watching the msnbc app on Win 8 when the cpu cut off. It was running on battery so I plugged it up. Pushing power did nothing. I then I pulled the battery and then held the power button for 1min, put battery back, and pushed power. All the led status lights would light and bamb it wouldn't boot again. So I called Asus and its now on its way back to them. Anyone else have this occur?
8 REPLIES 8

dstrakele
Level 14
Several users in the same boat report their experiences in http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?15327-Asus-G75VW-Black-screen-on-boot-up. It's most likely a hardware problem, so you did the right thing sending it back for Warranty repair.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Thank you. They claimed to have replaced the motherboard the 1st time. They had to because the keyboard lights were working again on the system. One thing I don't like is when Asus returned the system back to me the first time, they only listed what was replaced but not a hypothesis of what may have occurred. But that could be harder to do than I think. All I can say is thank god I have a smartphone with a 5in screen to do my work.

parasurfer1979 wrote:
Thank you. They claimed to have replaced the motherboard the 1st time. They had to because the keyboard lights were working again on the system. One thing I don't like is when Asus returned the system back to me the first time, they only listed what was replaced but not a hypothesis of what may have occurred. But that could be harder to do than I think. All I can say is thank god I have a smartphone with a 5in screen to do my work.

I'm missing your rationale for assuming the motherboard was replace because the keyboard now works. The keyboard should connect to the motherboard via one or two ribbon cables. The backlighing should be under the keys and part of the keyboard or thats the way I thought it connected. I only opened it up on both sides 4 times.

tkolarik wrote:
I'm missing your rationale for assuming the motherboard was replace because the keyboard now works. The keyboard should connect to the motherboard via one or two ribbon cables. The backlighing should be under the keys and part of the keyboard or thats the way I thought it connected. I only opened it up on both sides 4 times.

Because ASUS stated on the repair summary they did. I don't know why.

parasurfer1979
Level 7
My computer is on the way back to me. Ill keep you posted an what they found happened and what was replaced. Last time it was the motherboard, keyboard, & usb used for charging cell phones.

parasurfer1979
Level 7
Okay guys my G75VW was delivered this morning. I wanted assistance breaking down the exact parts (in 4th grade English) were removed.

Repair Detail:

1. Symptom: USB Test Error (this was said to be a failure the 1st time but i never saw this)
Repair: Replace G75 USB PCB CABLE
Replace G75VW USB_BD./AS (MAXIM)

2. Symptom: No power
Repair: Replace G75VW MAIN_BD._OM/AS (QC) (128B

Thanks for the help guys/girls. I'm so happy to have the system back. Asus both times didn't need to format HDD which im happy about.

Well I get my system back and I noticed buzzing from the left side when voice was coming out speakers. So I faded right and np. I faded left and no sound but from the sub. So i notice i had the oldest sound drivers. I updated them but that did nothing. So I called ASUS and told them that I loved the system but I use this to teach my Private Pilot ground school. Being sent across country for service going on 3 times wasn't acceptable. They were very apologetic and put my notebook on high priority status for faster turn around. Then a couple of days later as i have yet to send it off yet, the keyboards light went out. So I called ASUS to amend the work order. I said this would be the 3rd motherboard change and that i didn't trust that anymore. The rep was pretty sure this time would be a replaced system. What say you guys?

I've had 2 motherboards replaced lucky under warranty third time around not so lucky. First time asus replaced my motherboard it died within a week the second one lasted a year and a half.After my 2 years warranty ran out things started dying first the built in microphone then the card reader and then my blueray burner stopped burning can only read discs. Had the laptop now for 3 and a half years last time I'm changing the motherboard.I will never buy an asus laptop again.