cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broken inductor coil R4E

RonanC
Level 10
Hey guys.

Had my rig apart and I was clumsy lol and knocked off mobo and it flung off my desk and hit side of chair.

I broke this coil off next to the pcie lane. Does anyone know what it does? I glued it back on.. mobo seems to boot ok
10 REPLIES 10

Raja
Level 13
It's there for filtering power supply to one of those nearby ICs (probably ASMedia though I'd need to probe around the board to be sure). You need to confirm there is connection between the PCB and inductor legs. Board will still work, but one of those ICs won't if the inductor isn't connected to the PC properly.

Zka17
Level 16
If your all PCIe lanes work then I think you escaped the worse...

That area may be about the sound... not 100% sure, but usually ROG mobos have the sound part there... - is the sound working correctly?

Edit: oh, Raja jumped in! 🙂 Better listen to him...

RonanC
Level 10
Thanks for replies. I havnt had chance to fully test the board yet. But I hope its the soundcard that has taken the hit as its broke anyway..

Zka17
Level 16
Holding my fingers crossed, my friend!

Please, update when you have the results of testings...

will no soon enough. Just about to install 1080 rad and psu. Fingerd crossed

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Fingers crossed here too!! That's a nice looking set up...is that a case or a bench?

Its a case dude. Phobya wacoolt cube. Its one of the best cases I have ever seen. Can fit 3 psu. 2 mobos and a shed load of rads.

RonanC
Level 10
Update guys. Everything is working. Except sound. I can live with that 🙂 use xense anyway

Zka17
Level 16
Really happy for you! :cool: