cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Recording Issues

Deka1184
Level 7
I am having a couple issues with audio recording that may or may not be related.

I am running G75VW-NS71 with latest BIOS version and audio drivers.

I am using a stereo microphone to record. It uses the audio input jack. However, the signal is somehow mixed down from stereo to mono before it reaches my sound recording program.

This happens before it reaches the VIA Audio deck, since adjusting the left or right mic volume knobs individually is functional. This would generally indicate a problem with the microphone, but the microphone works fine on other computers.

Second problem is there is a loud staticy hum in the background. This happens even when I power off the microphone The hum itself is in stereo.

Help?
4 REPLIES 4

dstrakele
Level 14
It sounds like your laptop audio jack has a bent internal clip, similar to that reported in http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?32984-Asus-G73JH-head-phone-jack-issue-(Can-only-hear-one-s....
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Pitcher1
Level 9
what record utility do you use? if 3th parts, please remove it and try windows bundle utility, also try install new driver, if same, please sent to asus service center to check is it hw problem.

It seems to be a hardware problem indeed. I investigated it deeper and discovered that the problem is not symmetrical - its only picking up the right side of the actual microphone, even though it shows up as a stereo signal with buzz on both channels.

It seems like I cannot send my notebook to any asus service center, as all 5 of the US centers are marked as "walk-in-only" and I do not live near any of the locations.

😞

dstrakele
Level 14
PM cl-Albert, the ASUS Customer Loyalty rep on this forum, to see if he can assist you.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT