cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove "matte" display anti-reflex , is that possible ?

mehdi_moha
Level 8
hi guys

i want to make my display ( g75vx ) brighter and clearer . is there any way to remove matte layer from the display ?

thanks 🙂
5 REPLIES 5

ggBanks
Level 10
I think that is only possible if you replace your screen for a glossy one.

ggBanks wrote:
I think that is only possible if you replace your screen for a glossy one.

You may very well be correct.

A few years ago, in a forum meant specifically for ASUS eeePCs, guys were always disassembling their displays and peeling off the matte layer. But display construction techniques may have changed significantly in the intervening years, and this may no longer be possible.
ASUS G75VW
i7-3630QM 2.4Ghz
GTX 660M (2GB)
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
1TB HDD
2TB HDD
Blu-ray Writer (Pana. UJ-260)

SHADO wrote:
You may very well be correct.

A few years ago, in a forum meant specifically for ASUS eeePCs, guys were always disassembling their displays and peeling off the matte layer. But display construction techniques may have changed significantly in the intervening years, and this may no longer be possible.

thank you . i thought that is something like mobile LED protection and could be easy to remove ...

ggBanks
Level 10
Try to find a video of someone doing that on a modern laptop and then maybe that will be your answer if its possible or not. Though I do not recommend it. It may brighten your screen a bit, but I don't think it is worth the risk. And personally I find matte screens to be very helpful during daytime game playing, since otherwise on the glossy screens I can see my reflection in the screen and it is annoying and somewhat ruins the gaming experience.

ggBanks wrote:
Try to find a video of someone doing that on a modern laptop and then maybe that will be your answer if its possible or not. Though I do not recommend it. It may brighten your screen a bit, but I don't think it is worth the risk. And personally I find matte screens to be very helpful during daytime game playing, since otherwise on the glossy screens I can see my reflection in the screen and it is annoying and somewhat ruins the gaming experience.

ok , i think i've changed my mind. you right . that's not worth ...

but i'll looking for a video , maybe can help