Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Question Hardware Gaming Build PC! Build Advice

Hi, I'm Angelelfs

Well my pc died like 2 months ago. so im trying to build a new pc but this time for a gamer one. i have some components that i've have selected but i need some opinions.

Budget: 1600 USD -- 1800USD (i must import the pieces, cause in my country we can´t get that pieces) example: Intel I5-3570k imported is like 280$us.

Main uses of intended build: as i said i want to build it for games.

Parts required:

MotherBoard: Asus Maximus V Formula "thinking in the wifi and the bluetooth" 335 USD.

Processor: Intel Core i5-3570k 280 USD.

Graphic Card: Asus Gtx680 DirectCU II 660USD "waiting a lower price after the Gtx780"

Case: Haf 932 advanced 310 USD.

Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gb 1600Mhz x2 100 USD

PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro m 850W or 1000W unknow price yet

GPU COOLER: ThermalTake FrioOCK 140 USD

SSD: 120 GB idk which one is better and i dont know the prices. still looking

Hard Drive: a normal one to start Samsung 1Tb 35 USD

DVD/CD-RW: a normal one to start Lg 45USD

Monitor resolution: Samsung HD 1920*1600 native
    Will you be overclocking: yes
    Any motherboard requirements : thinking to SLI in the future

TOTAL PRICE AT THE MOMENT: 1905 USD HIGHER than my BUDGET

Any opinions guys, alternatives? suggestions?
    i'll be waiting answers. Thnx
    Regards Angelelfs.
    Last edited by angelelfs; 05-25-2013 at 09:55 PM.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

I think, the mobo (MVF) and the CPU (3570k) is a good start... - you will be able to both OC and do SLI in the future... However, the new generation of mobos and CPUs are going to be released very soon...

Not sure which memories did you choose, just be aware that you need a single kit and not two individual modules...

The GTX680 DCII is a pretty strong card, but you may want to check the HD7970 ones too, sometimes you can get them cheaper... (specially look at the GHz edition ones)

If you want to OC, you may want a better CPU cooler... have you checked the closed loop coolers (like the COrsair Hydro series)?

I know that the case is usually a subjective choice (you get what you like), but for me $310 seems pretty high...

With a single graphics card you should be fine with the 850W PSU...

ROG Member Array

Hi Zka17.

Thnx for reply my post. well the MVF and the I5-3570k already bougth, this products are in the aduana of my country. i haven't notice about the new generation of mobos. Cpu new gene must be interesting but my country are not prepare for this tipe of products, i choose the 3570k cause its realtive cheap and it can be compared with an i7 processor.

I chose the memory corsair vengance 8gb 1600MHZ DDR3. at 100 USD the pair.

well i chose the nvidia GTX 680 chip and the brand of asus by recomendation, my friend told me that the AMD graphics cards are not so good than the nvidia. but i really dont know the diference. " i'll look info about it". also im waiting to a lower cost, i though that Gtx780 coming out this week, and i suppose the prices go lower on predecessors graphic cards. again if i buy a monster graphic card gonna be hard to sell in my country the pple are not prepare for this tipe of products. T_T

i checked out the corsair H90 and i like it, i will ask the price imported to my country.

about the Case. do u have any suggestion about a cheaper but same powerfull like the HAF? i listen opinions.

I hope that a 850W can support all this stuff. XD =) this machine will be on almost 24/7.

regards Angelelfs.

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Welcome to ROG.

Personally I would recommend almost any ram Except Vengeance .. some are fine but
    I have seen issue after issue come back to these memory sticks.imo

You have mentioned in 'my Country' several times but not the Country. What Country
    are you in ??
    From what Country will you be importing from ??

Best of luck .. keep us posted on your progress .. we are here to help.c.

ROG Member Array

Hi Chrsplmr

I live in Bolivia. and my friend is a merchant. i though hes importing from USA exactly which country idk.
    its a notice for me that vengance are not good memories. i will check reviews. just in case i was looking on Kingstons HyperX.
    i hope keep getting info and opinions about this build and the best and razonable prices for me =).

Thnx for reply. Regards Angelelfs.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array fbm211's Avatar

You should be able to get 8 gigs of GSkill Trident X 2400 for the price your willing to pay and I notice a lot of people dont have any issues running that memory on the MVF.The current price in the us is around $80.00
    Maximus VII Apex
    Intel i7 10700k @ 5GHZ
    Custom Water Cooling
    Patriot Viper Steel 4400 17-17-17-36-300-2t
    GeForce RTX 2080 Hydro Copper
    WD Black NVMe 750 500g
    Seasonic Focus GX-850
    Lian LI O11D XL
    Dell S3220DF Monitor
    Vanatoo T 0s speaker system
    ROG mouse
    Audio Technica ATH-AD 2000x headphones
    AE-9 Sound Blaster

ROG Member Array

Hi fbm211

seems that tridents works fine on mvf. i check reviews.

The current price in the us is around $80.00
    I have a problem i can't go more than 1900 USD onmy budget rigth now, so the tridents are 80 each one. going higher on my budget, maybe thinking to get them later. im finding something good but cheaper at the same time! =)

regards Angelelfs

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

If I can comment here. Just make sure you get a single kit of ram. DO NOT worry to much what brand it is, as long as it is 1600MHz it makes little difference. Get what is the most affordable, all the chips are made in the same factory anyway.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by angelelfs View Post
    so the tridents are 80 each one. going higher on my budget, maybe thinking to get them later.
    by one kit they mean, one kit of 8gig or 16gig or 32 gig ( 1 x 8, 4x4/2x8, 4x8 sticks in a single kit )
    example-> http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=434 <- this is one kit of ram, they have been tested to work together in factory to prevent problem like you will get when you mix 2 or more kits.

ROG Member Array

HI guys!! Hi kkn.

thnx for the tip, know i just understand, I'll look for a kit on these days. But for know im waiting for my MVF and my I5 3570k the seller must give them to me brande new box. this week. I will upload photos for the unboxing and start building and assembling the pc. Also Im finding my CHASIS on stores, idk which one i will gonna buy "" in mind the Sniper CM"" looks nice. depending on the price.

i will keep updating this thread at the same time i get the pieces of my pc. Thnx alots and always waiting opinions, alternatives and tips. thnx
    ROGers. XD

regards Angelelfs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast