cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congrats to WallPaper Contest Winners !!!

chrsplmr
Level 18
Congrats to WallPaper Contest Winners !!

This contest was a blast with much new talent serving up amazement ..
I think the 'staff', MarshallR and Members did an outstanding job picking the winners.
Almost can't wait for the Next One.c.

Winners: http://rog.asus.com/234762013/news/2013-rog-wallpaper-competition-winners/
21 REPLIES 21

Gorman
Level 12
Interested to see what ShikelGr has to say.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Clever 're-purposing' .. 'eye of an artist' .. they did win the prize didn't they ?

Here is the Keyboard .. for a ~cough~ MacBook Pro .. [ i couldn't upload it, ironic eh ? -error = 'undefined' ]

http://www.wallm.com/images/2012/12/download-apple-macbook-pro-keyboard.jpg

** I think ShikelGr will say what All ROG Member's generally should say with sincerity .. Congrats !!
You Lucky ROG !! ~shrug~ .. and move on. imho. .c.

Pratham
Level 10
Hey I can understand the macbook keyboard re-editing...But how did he remove that 'look left' text & put 'republic of gamers'?
Can we call 'Neuropass' here & ask him? Maybe a little tutorial of how to do such awesome edits?

Pratham wrote:
Hey I can understand the macbook keyboard re-editing...But how did he remove that 'look left' text & put 'republic of gamers'?
Can we call 'Neuropass' here & ask him? Maybe a little tutorial of how to do such awesome edits?

good suggestion .. infact a graphics corner for sharing techniques would be cool. Start a Thread Pratham.c.

Pratham wrote:
Hey I can understand the macbook keyboard re-editing...But how did he remove that 'look left' text

Content Aware and a minute's work.

Chino wrote:
Content Aware and a minute's work.

I have a hard time retiring Microsoft Image Composer .. it has been part of the 'game' for me for so long,
but I guess it is time to fire up that new fangled softieWare .. I think they call it PhotoShop .. hahaha
Chino -- What software did you use to perform that magic ?? PhotoShop or another ??

** Edit to Below **

DC -- Linux Image Composer ?? Haven't heard of that one. haha
Jok'n aside .. what is the best 'editing' software today .. that runs on windows.
[ DC -- lol .. I know .. the one that runs on a Mac.iyhho..(in your humble honest opinion).hehe]

chrsplmr wrote:
What software did you use to perform that magic ?? PhotoShop or another ??

Tutorial:
1. Acquire PS CS5 or later
2. Select "LOOK LEFT" text
3. hit delete and make sure content aware is selected
4. Acquire appropriate font and write "Republic of Gamers", then convert to raster graphics
6. Add RoG icon and filter the **** out of it
5. Add drop shadow, and perform viewpoint transformation
- For bonus points -
6. Either reduce transparency on your text or manually paint in shadows to avoid that unnatural feeling
7. Apply chromatic aberration, the left and right edges of the white stripes are visibly discoloured.

that ROG keyboard is awesome nice work

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Congrats all and yes there is life after Microsoft!....It's called Linux!