cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Asus gtx 580 Matrix platinum

spaek
Level 7
Hello guys,
It is the first time I am writing and the reason is that I have a problem with my GPU, a 580 matrix platinum.
After a clean instal of win 7 prof on a new ssd I have
either pic 580-1 (nvidia drivers and asus tweak don't run)
or pic 580-2 (drivers run but the pc freezes)

I don't have it every time. Sometimes everything is OK. For example, yesterday everything was OK and I watched a 3D movie.
I have tried drivers from 270 to 320.
What do you think, is it the card or something else?
26 REPLIES 26

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello my friend, can you please confirm that the card was working perfectly for you before, and how long have you had the card in your system?

What you can do now is change the cable that you are using and ensure that the card is inserted correctly into the PCIe slot, make sure that your PCIe slot does not have any contaminant inside the slot itself. That can cause heaps of problems but is easy to remove.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

PlaneName
Level 10
The issue you are having is called artifacts, which can caused by overheating, overclocking, corrupted drivers or hardware issue. As HiVizMan suggested we will wait for your response and we can further investigate your issue, also please answer this too:

Have you overclocked before?
What is the temperature?
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00
Been building PC's for 8 Years! 😉

Zka17
Level 16
A failing PSU can cause such things too...

Thank you for your interest!
The card is on the system more than a year. The main use is engineering programs. My psu is a corsair hx1050.
Before I was using the DVI port and now the pc is connected via HDMI 1.4 with my tv.

What I have done the past 2 days.
I took off the card, the pci slot was clean and placed in the card again. I have connected the 2 8-pins and the pc started without any problem.
Again I watched a 3-D movie without any problem.
Yesterday, the pc loaded the windows and after 10 seconds freezed. I restarted it and it was OK. I think the problem remains.
Also I am attaching a few snapshots from hwmonitor. Do you know what trial means?

PlaneName
Level 10
TRIAL - HW monitor won't allow to show the rest of your temps if your using the PRO edition. Just get the normal version here:

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Anyway I don't see any problems with the temps, OK now open up Event Viewer through here:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools

- On the left you will see Windows logs and click on the triangle
- Then you should see "system" click on it.
- Then on the middle top screen you should see the logs

This will tell what happened during the freeze on that time. Will wait for your response, you might have an TDR problem. Mainly look for the red icons (critical) and the yellow icons (error) on the logs.
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00
Been building PC's for 8 Years! 😉

These are all the events

Warnings:
Kernel-TM
DNS client Events

Errors:
Service control manager
DistributedCOM
nvlddmkm
Eventlog
Bugcheck
Wndows update client
Browser
Rassstp
Disk
volmgr

Critical:
Kernel Power

HiVizMan
Level 40
Could you please revert to the old cable that you used before and see if the issue remains. And if I have understood you correctly the problem is now gone, since you are watching movies and there is no artifacting at all? Is that correct.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

spaek
Level 7
I have changed a few cables and ports on the tv.
Yesterday I tried to test it by watching a movie and the movie started in slow motion. I have restarted the pc and when the movie was on 70% the movie stuck,so I had to close the kmplayer and reload the movie.
I have noticed that the performance of the pc is slowing down after a while, even if it's very fast at the start up.
Also today the pc started with the 2nd picture I have upload and I had to restart it.

Do you think that a fresh windows installation could help?

HiVizMan
Level 40
What you are now describing is more about OS and less about hardware.

A fresh OS install is a good idea. Please do keep us informed as to how it goes.