cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated to BIOS 223 and now im STUCK in Bios Setup [SOLVED]

cgren
Level 7
I did a bios update a while ago via windows and it succeeded but then after shutting down and then restart my system doesnt boot up anymore to windows, and i cant seem to see my hard drives in the drives properties please help
28 REPLIES 28

rewben
Level 13
damn that's bad 😕

since you can go into the bios, have you loaded the defaults, saved the settings, and reboot?

maybe doing that will help.

cgren
Level 7
tried that, even tried putting the 223 in the ssd maybe it would boot up but failed

If you disable Secure Boot and enable CSM in the BIOS, does your laptop boot?

OR at least recognize one of your drives?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Pitcher1
Level 9
please set default in BIOS then save & exit, into again, set your HDD to AHCI if you are not set RAID.

as per Asus local here in my country, my bios update went successful because the unit is still turning on and going to BIOS settings. He said that there must be something wrong with the bios wherein it seems that it disabled all hdd (undetected) as well as the DVD player. I am really thinking what happened.

cgren
Level 7
i have tried all the things you guys suggested. but still no go. 😞

cgren wrote:
i have tried all the things you guys suggested. but still no go. 😞

In that case, I'd try holding the CTRL+HOME keys down on startup to initiate a Crisis BIOS Recovery. The hidden BIOS file must exist (as it does in the ASUS Factory Windows installation) in the root of C: and have the proper filename - or be copied to a flash drive formatted to a single FAT32 partition.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
In that case, I'd try holding the CTRL+HOME keys down on startup to initiate a Crisis BIOS Recovery. The hidden BIOS file must exist (as it does in the ASUS Factory Windows installation) in the root of C: and have the proper filename - or be copied to a flash drive formatted to a single FAT32 partition.

i tried doing this one using my usb, formatted to fat32 and uploaded the bios 223 but still no go

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
cgren wrote:
I did a bios update a while ago via windows and it succeeded but then after shutting down and then restart my system doesnt boot up anymore to windows, and i cant seem to see my hard drives in the drives properties please help

Assume you have the G75VW and if you are still running the 223 bios, just wanted to make sure you were not looking only under the bios 'Boot' menu for your hard drives, but also checked under the 'Advanced' menu/SATA Configuration which should show them no matter what.

If you are running Win7 and really did enable 'Launch CSM' under the 'Boot' menu AND disable 'secure boot control' under the 'Security' menu, the drives should be appearing under the boot menu, but wanted to double-check again since it seems like your bios update should have gone okay.
Be sure to 'save and exit' and go back into the bios to confirm BOTH those settings were saved correctly (please excuse the capital letters).

Otherwise, you might consider trying to downgrade the bios as dstrakele suggested.
Good luck!