Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Very nice looking project, can't wait to see the finished item. Great work matey

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Masterbobo View Post
    i wanna see the desk when its completed lol looks badass
    Cheers mate i'm deffinitaly hoping it will look badass although have just come to a startaling realisation that i wont be able to get it inside with it put together, mate just moved in with me and we built his over a weekend its much smaller than the one i am building and it only just fit through the doorway in the hall so fingers crossed the other side of the house will be easier
    Wutdo

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Quote Originally Posted by Wutdo View Post
    Yeah im an aussie not too obvious ive been using the x58 set up for the last few years and figured why not give the x79 a try i know its dated now but all new parts should get at least 3-4 years good use out of it. whats your scratch build going to be?
    The X79 isn't outdated lol, there's still one more lot of CPU's about to be released for it in a couple months time

My scratch build http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...g-Shadow-Bench

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Myk SilentShadow View Post
    The X79 isn't outdated lol, there's still one more lot of CPU's about to be released for it in a couple months time

My scratch build http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...g-Shadow-Bench
    i know its not out dated. but its been out for couple of years now although must say a refresh to the CPU's would be nice. chances are if we see something released i might upgrade the cpu in the future.

hoping the QDC fittings come in the next week or so
    and still need to get the glass top made up. pretty sure thats all thats halting the project
    Wutdo

ROG Enthusiast Array

Sponsored By

Finished moving into new place and unpacked only thing left is to finishthe Build.
    First Coat of paint done 2nd coat will be done tomorrow. And will be putting the base together
    thinking of doing a carbon vinyl on the centre slope and the false floors so hopefully that will
    Come this week

Photos

Wutdo

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Masterbobo's Avatar

yea x79 is pricey but you get the all around performance especially for gaming etc. Its the only enthusiast platform right now lol might as well get in while its hot and all the kinks are ironed out, well except for the Ivy bridge that's literally about to drop lol btw sick desk bench setup man wow that's awesome
    Rampage IV Extreme
    55" Samsung 3D LED 1080p
    19" NEC side monitor
    4930k @ 3.9ghz (h100i)
    Dominator GT 2133mhz 16gb
    2xDomiatorGT RAM cooling fans
    OCZ Vertex 4 RAID0 2x256gb
    Silent Pro GOLD 1200
    3xGTX 770's 4GB Windforce TRI-SLI
    Sound Blaster Zx
    Logitech Z5500 digital 5.1
    2xLG 3D Blu ray burners
    Silverstone Multi USB3 card reader
    2x4terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drives
    1x1terabyte WD backup sata6.0 drive
    10 Antec tri cool 120mm fans
    Razor Deathadder mouse
    Corsair 600t
    Win7-64bit

ROG Enthusiast Array

Sponsored By

finally got the first 2 coats of paint onto the desk came up much better than i was expecting.
    Carbon Vinyl arived have aplied it to the false floors and decided to seperate the back devider
    and mount the Resivior between them will get to work on that later today anyway time for some more pictures

Wutdo

ROG Enthusiast Array

Sponsored By

got some time over the weekend to get some more work done. decided against the single back seperator
    and have gone for 2 with a mini cave in the middle looks a lot nicer provides that little bit more room.
    have been trying to decide whether to add another reservior (or 2) behind and under the main reservior
    not sure how it will look guess once i paint the new deviders and get the top on will make a decision.

and for the photos

Wutdo

ROG Enthusiast Array

Sponsored By

finally have time to post some more details about the build, top of the desk is pretty much complete
    just have a couple of holes to drill for the watercooling tube and knock up the base, i had a fiddle
    around with the fridge idea during the week and came to the conclusion that was stupid enough to even
    consider it... didn't pan out but no problem as the 2 radiators will easily be enough for the rig.
    got round to cleaning the dust and crap out of the desk and wipe it down i was actually quite impressed
    how well it came up... now all that's left is new temp sensor displays (wanted red got blue) and also
    a 2nd reservoir to mount with the pump as a fill-port for the whole thing.

Wutdo

ROG Enthusiast Array

Sponsored By

finally had some time Monday to get a little work done on the build, firstly i finished mounting the LED's and UV Tubes,
    and have had time to get one of the radiators mounted along with the power supply/s (one on display) and have got most of
    the tubing in ready to mount the Mobo just have to get around to finishing the base for it and drag it back inside to set
    it all up.. didn't take into account the size of the doors

LED's after i fixed the switch problem that burnt out one of the cables... lack of sleep does that

The Red Temp sensors finally arrived got them in looks far better over the blue ones. thinking of using them on the next build

Power Supply Fit in wasn't sure how it would look but it looks better than having nothing in that gap
    Wutdo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast