cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i get a GTX 780

Zanarisrobo
Level 7
So, now as the 780 has launched im thinking of upgrading from my radeon 7850 and put in an Evga gtx 780 3gb

But im a bit unsure how this will run a triple monitor setup, and i havent really found anything on google which gives me a clear answer. So im wondering, how will an Evga geforce gtx780 3gb work with a triple monitor setup? If you would like to suggest another GPU go ahead.
7 REPLIES 7

Chino
Level 15
A reference GTX 780 should get you anywhere from 30-45FPS at 5760x1200 resolution with Ultra quality in most games.

Ok, thanks. Also, which brand would you recommend? The asus or the evga? Im leaning towards asus though.

Zanarisrobo wrote:
Ok, thanks. Also, which brand would you recommend? The asus or the evga? Im leaning towards asus though.

If you're not in a hurry, hold out for a few months. See what each brand has to offer. So far, only EVGA has revealed their ACX Cooler version with a slight factory overclock. We have yet to see Asus's DCUIII offering.

HiVizMan
Level 40
You will certainly notice the difference with the 780 coming from the 7850.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
At the moment all the cards regardless of what sticker is on the card are made in the same factory. These are reference cards. So they are all the same.

Get the card form the vendor you are most happy dealing with.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Zeruel
Level 7
I'd wait for the DCUII editions of the 780. I'd expect the DCUII 780's to come out at least by the end of the summer. Or you could get a Mars IV with 780 cores xD, just joking on that one.

Anyways if the DCUIIs are well over clocked and cooled then they should get damn near Titan performance seeing as how reference 780's only perform 10% less than a Titan.
Cruel Angel
------------------------------

CPU: i7 4770k 4.7Ghz 1.425v
MB: Maximus VI Formula
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (2400Mhz OC) 16GB
GPU: Reference GTX 560Ti ( GTX 880 Coming Soon!)
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
HDD: WD Black 2TB
Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Mouse: MLG Sensei
KeyBoard: Corsair K70 RED
Monitor: BENQ XL2420T

Custom Water Cooling

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
AnandTech bench is a good enough ballpark figures guide for FPS at different settings and resolutions..... http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/827