cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange microphone echo problem g75VX/VW

Gr34v0
Level 7
I have done some searching and have found no record of this happening to anyone else, however I personally know of two separate instances where it happens.

My friend and I have the g75vw and vx, respectively, and we both have different headsets (I have the Razer Blacksharks and he has a pair of TurtleBeaches). We both have the same problem that when we use the microphones on our headsets, all the sounds that the computer is making, be it a game or a YouTube video, gets fed through the mic and broadcast to any members of our chatroom. It is not due to proximity to the speakers, because we both used our headsets on different computers before and never had this problem. It's only on these Asus Notebooks that it happens. Curiously enough, when I unplug the external mic from the jack, and instead use the built-in microphone, the problem stops entirely.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? How can I fix it?

Thank you for your help!
5 REPLIES 5

Pitcher1
Level 9
did you check audio setting? it is hum sound or?

Gr34v0
Level 7
I have checked every audio setting I can find. It's not a humming sound or any type of white noise. It's literally the audio from the computer being played through the microphone.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Unfortunately, not sure what the problem is, but just wanted to check if you were using the approved audio drivers on the ASUS download site, or if you are using other drivers.

If you aren't already using the ASUS approved audio drivers, consider giving this a try if possible to see if it makes any difference.

Also, curious if you are hearing the same sounds (echo?), or if everything sounds good on your end and only other people are hearing it.

Gr34v0
Level 7
I'm using the drivers it came with as far as I know, unless Windows 8 override them in an update.

I'm not hearing anything, it's only people on the other end of the chat service, be it Razer Comms or Teamspeak3. I've reverted to using the built in mic next to the camera and that seems to have alleviated the problem for now, however I would like to use the mic that came with the headset.

Also, I have a new problem now!! (Go figure). Battlefield 3 has stopped working completely on my laptop. It worked the day I got it and the day after, but now, 4 days into owning it the game crashes as soon as BattleLog starts it up, WHEN it even starts (which is rarely). Is this also a random event that my bad luck has spawned??

Gr34v0 wrote:
I'm using the drivers it came with as far as I know, unless Windows 8 override them in an update.

I'm not hearing anything, it's only people on the other end of the chat service, be it Razer Comms or Teamspeak3. I've reverted to using the built in mic next to the camera and that seems to have alleviated the problem for now, however I would like to use the mic that came with the headset.

Also, I have a new problem now!! (Go figure). Battlefield 3 has stopped working completely on my laptop. It worked the day I got it and the day after, but now, 4 days into owning it the game crashes as soon as BattleLog starts it up, WHEN it even starts (which is rarely). Is this also a random event that my bad luck has spawned??

I've had this issue since day 1 with the built-in mic though, not with other ones. I've used the various audio drivers that ASUS has provided. Nothing fixes it so I just deal with it...
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz