3way with cpu OC

3way with higher cpu + gpu OC

single vantage cpu OC

3way vantage cpu OC

3way vantage cpu + gpu OC
10 REPLIES 10

ottoyu34
Level 9
Nicely done! It's been a while since I've seen SLI with AMD CPUs. If I'm right, should be Althon64 days?

Retired
Not applicable
I'm having extreme problems with this exact issue.

I'm running 3 Tesla cards on the Crosshair IV Formula.

1 c2050 and 2 c1060's

The mobo will not recognize any type of second GPU unless it's the exact same one so my 2 c1060's (having no HDMI/VGA port) are not able to be recognized.

I'd love to know how you did this so maybe I can get my stuff working.

Retired
Not applicable
This is performed using hacked software for supporting SLI on non nvidia chipset boards, etc it's unsupported however it can be done.

I would google SLI hack on non NV chipsets. I have no clue if non matched cards will work.......technically it's not supposed to work at all becasue nvidia doesn't want it to so getting support on this matter will be impossible.

This thread may help but as I said you won't get support from ASUS or Nvidia on this one due to no Official support.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255011

Retired
Not applicable
@Chew...

I have almost the same setup...I have the Asus Crosshair IV Formula, with the phenon II X6 1100t BE, and one MSI GTX N560 TI Twin Frozr.

Can I put another MSI GTX N560 to run in 2 way SLI in this MOBO, or do I have to buy the V series os the corsshair formula? If I can, do I have to use any program, etc...?

Thanks man...

Retired
Not applicable
Hi, i've the same mobo and i'm trying to do SLI with two 9800GTX+ but the producers are different..
I have one Zotac 9800GTX+ and one GeForce 9800GTX+ (both have SLI ready and are compatabily with SLI)
I can't make SLI because Window (seven) detects the GeForce 9800GTX+ as an 8800GT! Why?
Can you help me?
The strange thing is that i have formatted with only the GeForce 9800GTX+ on the mobo, and window has detected it right (as an 9800GTX+) but when i had put the zotac for make SLI, i had reboot and then window had detected the GeForce 9800GTX+ as an 8800GT!!

Please..what's my problem?
(Sorry for my bad english -.-)

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Shift this is the reason, view this info found on Toms Hardware...http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277675-33-list-rebranded-cards-nvidia, this will explain your problem.

Retired
Not applicable
Thank u DaemonCantor 🙂
So.. the problem is that the GeForce 9800GTX+ indeed is an 8800GT !? And this is because Windows detect it as 8800GT, right?
I also read that my mobo doesn't support the SLI but only CrossFire, is it true?
Well.. and now, if i want make SLI what kind of Graphic card i have to buy?

shift_ wrote:
Thank u DaemonCantor 🙂
So.. the problem is that the GeForce 9800GTX+ indeed is an 8800GT !? And this is because Windows detect it as 8800GT, right?
I also read that my mobo doesn't support the SLI but only CrossFire, is it true?
Well.. and now, if i want make SLI what kind of Graphic card i have to buy?

Pretty much yes to all but as the thread stated you can use the SLI Patch and it will work...I was doing that with a pair of EVGA Geforce 9800GTX+'s...my trouble was the MoBo and it had to be RMA'd...if your going to buy new cards I would suggest ether the nVidia 5xx series or the ATI 69xx series. I have seen some good reports here in the forums that the nVidia 560's are pretty good. As soon as I can afford it I'm going with a pair of 6970's.

Retired
Not applicable
Thank you very much, i made it!

Source: here

I simply have installed the "SLIPatch_v1.5_beta", rebooted and then in NVIDIA Control Panel there was the option SLI enabled..
The strange thing is that if i reboot with SLI cable on, windows detect the GeForce 9800GTX+ as an 8800GT and then SLI doesn't work... but if i remove the SLI connector until i'm in Windows and then i re put it, the SLI work perfectly! Why? You have some idea?
Thanks..

Screen: