Threaded View

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array nikosa43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    LOL share with us all nikosa it is not secret.
    It was sometime in the morning (I don't quite remember 03:00 or 04:00). I was trying to come close to Flex's amazing Aqua score. I had done all my optimizations, tested many times and everything was absolutely stable and first time I felt that I had total control on the scores. I had find the golden setup for my H/W and I got 415000 points all the time -/+ some points, if I made some minor tweaks. I was ready to give up, because I couldn't imagine what was the extra thing that can give me 5000 extra points. Then I decided to go for a walk in BIOS, just to check everything again.
    This settings are of them, that my mind never gave second thought. I was saying, Ok it's some Intel stuff that do something but who knows, what really do. After that, I had a second thought. I thought that this thing, maybe it serves as a buffer to optimize some functions. Maybe in our case that we need something like fast streaming of DATA, acts as a brake.
    So, I disabled Hardware prefetcher, Adjacent cash line prefetch and something above them which serves as a protection for malicious code. Reboot, loaded tweaked driver, adjusted GPU OC and I gave it a run. First splash screen and my jaw hitted the floor. 420200 points!!! That was 5000 bonus by just turning one button. From that floor, yes, I could reach somehow 1000 points.... I used that to run one 3dmark also. Gave some extra points and I felt it flow better but nothing like Aqua. I didnt used it for wPrime, so I do not know if there is an effect there.