Graphics Card #1GTX980 TI
    Storage #1samsung 960 EVO
    CPU CoolerNZXT x52
    Casethermaltake vieuw
    Mouse asus sica
    OS win 10

yeah henk ..good stuff ...tnx
    got f12 pwms to they are very quit love them
    so if i understand you right if you had 2 loops h100 for vga and a custom on cpu
    you would take out h100 buy a waterblok for cpu and put it in the custom loop with gfx card?..
    or would that be not very wise?
    and howmuch impact does tubing thickness have on temps mine is only 3/8 10mm ID

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Henkenator68NL PC Specs
    Henkenator68NL PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 5960X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Graphics Card #1R9-290X
    Graphics Card #2R9-290X Matrix Platinum
    Graphics Card #3HD 6970
    Graphics Card #4HD 5970
    MonitorAcer Predator XB720H 144herz 1ms
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 850 1TB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Watercooled loop
    CaseCooler Master HAFX and Storm Stryker
    Power SupplySeasonic Gold 1250W
    Keyboard Logitech G19
    Mouse RAT 7
    Headset Logitech G35
    Mouse Pad Steel series
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X 5.1 Surround
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

@flexje, if have done a lot of testing.

The tubing is doing absolutely nothing for the flowrate. And that is what is supposed to impact... Nothing in that direction is supporting the theory that large tubes get better flow.

It is like in any process: it is determined by the weakest link... This comes down to the following: in any loop the bottlenecks (if you will) are actually the cpu and GPU blocks. Mostly the cpu, since they put a lot of tiny channels in the block to transport as much heat from the cpu/gpu. So these small channels affect the flowrate; in a much larger scope than any tubing would compensate.

My advice stick to the tubing you have and save a lot of money in stead of buying new tubings and fittings. On top off that... once you have already some components/fittings in once and you buy another size... believe me at a certain pont of time you are going to make a.mistake and use the wrong part in the wrong setup (i have been there and you really dont want that)I my oppinion a must = compression fittings (the ones that have a nut on the tube side, that slides over the tube to the fitting.

An other example: last year I got a set of ram water coolers from Aquatuning (they where so kind to sponsor some of my projects). The results where actually asthonishing: I can ramp up my memory rated for 1333 Mhz up to 1850 MHz with cl7, all at stoch voltage. The down side - at least I feared at the beginning is that the ram waterblock use even smaller channels to transport the heat over such a small surface. My flowmeter (conected to a rpm transformer should A drop of 1500 rpm of the pump. But to my surprise.... this had no influence on the thermal capacity of al other components in this loop.

Here is a picture of my AMD system watercooling set; CPU water block, gpu waterblock and ram watercooled:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC_Henkenator68NL 02.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	644.6 KB 
ID:	21696

What happens is that as soon as you start the loop, water is flowing arround. Some places are hotter than the other, but after a few minutes it al balances out. And the temps dropp to very acceptable temps. I have not seen my 7970 over 45°c even under heavy load and large oc.

I did a review on that, backup by a lot of data. In the case of adding a radiator or waterblock to the same loop=excisting loop; this is the best option. The fact is that the delta temp (the ambient) greatly affects the low end of your system temps, thats why the guys from colder counties do have a advantage.

But a simple solution: I just bought a second hand mobile airco.... For 75 euro.... Great improvement, I managed to drop the ambient by 9°c !temp
    Last edited by Henkenator68NL; 06-23-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: cleaned up the text - typing from phone is not as easy as it should be

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array twisted1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henkenator68NL View Post
    @flexje, if have done a lot of testing. The tubing is doing absolutely nothing for the flowrate. And that is what is supposed to impact...Nothing in that direction is supporting the theory that large tubes get better flow.It is like in any process: it is determined by the weakest link... This comes down to the following: in any loop the bottlenecks (if you will) are actually the cpu and GPU blocks. Mostly the cpu, since they put a lot of tiny channels in the block to transport as much heat from the cpu/gpu. So these small channels affect the flowrate; in a much larger scope than any tubing would compensate.My advice stick to the tubing you have and save a lot of money in stead of buying new tubings and fittings. On top off that... once you have already some components/fittings in once and you buy another size... believe me at a certain pont of time you are going to make a.mistake and use the wrong part in the wrong setup (i have been there and you really dont want that)I my oppinion a must = compression fittings (the ones that have a nut on the tube side, that slides over the tube to the fitting.An other example: last year I got a set of ram water coolers from Aquatuning (they at so kind to sponsor some of my projects). The reaulfs where actually asthonishing: I can ramp up my memory rated for 1333 Mhz up to 1850 MHz with cl7, all at stoch voltage. The down side - at least I feared at the beginning is that the ram waterblock use even smaller channels to transport the heat over such a small surface. My flowmeter (conected to a rpm transformer should A drop of 1500 rpm of the pump. But to my surprise.... this had no influence on the thermal capacity of al other components in this loop. What happens is that as soon as yiu start the loop water is flowing arround, some places are hotter thsn the other, but after a few minutes it al balances out. And the temps dropp to very acceptable temps. I have nit seen my 7970 over 45°c even under heavy load and large oc.I did a review on that, backup by a lot of data. In the case of adding a radiator or waterblock to the same loop=excisting loop; this is the best option. The fact is that the delta temp(the ambient) greatly affects the low end of your system temps, thats why the guys from colder counties do have a advantage. But a simple solution: I just bought a second hand mobile airco.... For 75 euro.... Great improvement, I managed to drop the ambient by 9°c !temp
    Water will do wonders form my 7970's, they can handle the clock's but in benchmarks they get hot pretty fast and start showing artefacts and then it crashes or gives bad scores.

Hehe I can't wait till next winter lol :P

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array flexnl PC Specs
    flexnl PC Specs
    Motherboardrampage v extreme
    Processor5820k
    Memory (part number)dom plats 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #1GTX980 TI
    Storage #1samsung 960 EVO
    CPU CoolerNZXT x52
    Casethermaltake vieuw
    Mouse asus sica
    OS win 10

tnxx henk very helpfull

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Henk is very right regarding the tubing (too)! The flow rate will not be dependent on that...

If I may add some things...

If you have more blocks in a loop, higher will be the flow restriction. Most often, the most restrictive parts are the mobo blocks...

Depending on the particular loop, you have to be aware that not the highest flow is always the best... you have to find the balance between the heated (blocks) and cooling (rads) surfaces...

For now I'll be running a EK XTX 360 Rad, for cpu only. Starting out with EK's kit with the XTX 360 rad.

So it would be best to have one separate cpu loop, then. And one loop For the GPU's wich will probably be 2. I have a third 7970 but not a matrix but a DCU2 top, Anyways can run the DCU2 with A H100i orsomething cuz that will only be for benching.

I've ordered a new case with plenty of room no problem getting a thick 480 rad in there if I'd like that. And a 240. hmm case goes testbench :P

Gotta get another motherboard also, I have two M5E's but one of them is not fully functional due to me bending some pins in the socket ;/ The board works fine, except for one small thing. It will not run the RAM in Dual channel, and only 2 sticks on the slots farthest away from socket. Totally me screving up so I'm not RMA'in that one. Get good ol' code 55 if trying any other ram combo.

It's amazing really how good it works when you se the state of the socket :P Wish that you could replace the socket, cuz i really like these boards.

Is there any trick to replacing a socket pin that's broken off? IE missing from the socket but the base is still left in socket so it would be possible to get something in there. But what would you use to replace a socket pin with?

Henkenator68NL PC Specs
    Graphics Card #1R9-290X
    Graphics Card #3HD 6970
    Graphics Card #4HD 5970
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    Keyboard Logitech G19
    Mouse RAT 7
    Headset Logitech G35
    Mouse Pad Steel series
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by twisted1 View Post
    Gotta get another motherboard also, I have two M5E's but one of them is not fully functional due to me bending some pins in the socket ;/ The board works fine, except for one small thing. It will not run the RAM in Dual channel, and only 2 sticks on the slots farthest away from socket. Totally me screving up so I'm not RMA'in that one. Get good ol' code 55 if trying any other ram combo.

It's amazing really how good it works when you se the state of the socket :P Wish that you could replace the socket, cuz i really like these boards.

Is there any trick to replacing a socket pin that's broken off? IE missing from the socket but the base is still left in socket so it would be possible to get something in there. But what would you use to replace a socket pin with?
    Twisted; there are lots off bench tests that run perfectly on only 1 ram stick (look at the score HiVizMan posted at Realbench with only 4GB), 1 stick means less strain on the IMC so you might get very thight timings ... So don't throw the board away
    Last edited by Henkenator68NL; 06-23-2013 at 06:10 PM.

I'm not throwing it out, no way

You know it's wierd, my 2500k will boot just fine @5.5Ghz but when about half of the windows animation it crashes. Doesn't the OC apply until then or what? Because I have not been able to reach 5.5 in windows via turvoV. It booted @5,7Ghz also and that just seems abit to good to be true.

It's rock solid @5,3Ghz in benchmarks, just up Vcore and it goes 5,3 no problemo, so usually there's OC head room after that point. Although Sandy cpu's can have a limit where it's just dead stop if i remember correctly.

Except for that it boots fine @high OC like I described, either the OC applys when the windows anim is half done or I got a great 2500k(if i can get it stable lol)

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

The overclock is applied the moment you save and exit BIOS. So when you get to the Windows loading screen, it's either unstable or your cooling solution cannot keep the heat under control. An old trick is to boot into Windows with lower clocks, say in your case 5.3GHz, then use TurboV.

Henkenator68NL PC Specs
    Graphics Card #1R9-290X
    Graphics Card #3HD 6970
    Graphics Card #4HD 5970
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    Keyboard Logitech G19
    Mouse RAT 7
    Headset Logitech G35
    Mouse Pad Steel series
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Im not sure if you know this:
    through msconfig set your system to start in diag mode; press apply, then go to tab: computer start and check start without user interface or gui (i am not sure since mine is in Dutch) hit apply. Go to: services tab; disable all services you don't need in the benchmark .

If you reboot your system then the strain at startup is al lot less than at full boot. It might just get you in to windows to do some bench tests.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast