Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing ROG Realbench v1.1 - what is it? [Retired - v2 now out]

X-ROG
Level 15
Updated Download Now v1.1: http://rog.asus.com/file/RealBench_v1.1.rar

What is ROG RealBench?
RealBench uses real, open source applications to test your PC as it would perform in RL. Although it can be competitive, it's not primarily designed to be more hardcore and time consuming - it's a benchmark for everyone.

Select the three tests and run the benchmark to get your result. Each test uses different parts of your PC subsystem, so all areas are covered. Share the result here on the forum to compare to others, or, compare to pre/post overclocks and pre/post upgrades to get maximum value from your PC.

By using open source apps there is absolutely NO ASUS-bias. Our focus is to offer a value-add to PC enthusiasts as a whole, by offering a branded tool to better evaluate your system, overclock and upgrade. Please share its existence on other forums to help others.

It's only got 3 benchmarks?
This is our first release - v1.0. Version 2.0 will add more open source tests in future versions to cover OpenCL, graphics performance and other functions like IO. If you have ideas of open source apps we could include in future releases - please let us know!

What is the stress test benchmark
What it says on the tin! If you want something less synthetic than Prime95, our Blender stress test will iteratively load your system with varying data-sets. Use this to 'burn in' an overclock or test long-term stability.

Is it free?
100% free to download, use and distribute AS IS. We've added anti-cheat functionality into the code though and we do NOT give permission to change the pictures/videos/functionality/look and design of the software.

Why does it keep stopping?
If you move the mouse or touch the keyboard while it's running the benchmark will automatically abort. This is to prevent tampering with the app as it runs.

THERE IS SOUND
Note that the video test has sound - watch your speakers! 😉

It is x64 ONLY!
We made the conscious choice to focus on a 64-bit version only. Everyone should be running a 64-bit OS these days with GPU/DDR3 memory capacities as they are. Equally we've not tested it on antiquated XP-64 either, preferring to focus on Win 7 and Win 8.

New mirror link for those having problem with the ASUS download:
http://www.necrosan.com/rog/RealBench/RealBench_v1.1.rar
203 REPLIES 203

Zka17
Level 16
WOW, cool! :cool:

Just installing my new home workstation - definitely will give it a try!

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Excellent idea.....I like the real-world testing here for image processing etc.....will welcome the addition of open CL.... and open GL? since this is what CS6's Mercury graphics Engine runs on....

CUDA not possible because it is proprietary? even if Nvidia gave permission for free inclusion? they might do that for benchmarking?

Nice one guys!

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Excellent idea.....I like the real-world testing here for image processing etc.....will welcome the addition of open CL.... and open GL? since this is what CS6's Mercury graphics Engine runs on....

CUDA not possible because it is proprietary? even if Nvidia gave permission for free inclusion? they might do that for benchmarking?

Nice one guys!

It won't be CUDA as it's propitiatory. We want an OpenGL graphics test and OpenCL GPGPU one ideally.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:

Nice one guys!

It won't be CUDA as it's propitiatory. We want an OpenGL graphics test and OpenCL GPGPU one ideally.

PlaneName
Level 10
Same here, defiantly gonna try it out.

Thanks Marshall.
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00
Been building PC's for 8 Years! 😉

chrsplmr
Level 18
Thankyou .. ROG'n ever forward .. I dig it.c.

Zka17
Level 16
Can not download the file... it says: "This page cannot be used now. The files downloaded from this page is over the limit. Please try again after 3 hours."

Zka17 wrote:
Can not download the file... it says: "This page cannot be used now. The files downloaded from this page is over the limit. Please try again after 3 hours."

Yea I'm just using free webstorage at the moment so it only has a limited number of downloads. It'll be uploaded to ASUS server or FTP during the week, hence the 'soft' launch here for now.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Yea I'm just using free webstorage at the moment so it only has a limited number of downloads. It'll be uploaded to ASUS server or FTP during the week, hence the 'soft' launch here for now.

Now it says to try again after 16 hours... 😞

Can I get it just from somebody who already downloaded it?